cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to limit myFICO alerts and notifications?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a way to limit myFICO alerts and notifications?

I get about 20 myFICO notifications per week. I have tried to pare down the types of alerts and notifications but they are still relentless. Is there a way to get 1 summary per week or something like that?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Cindy_FICO
Administrator Emeritus

Re: Is there a way to limit myFICO alerts and notifications?

@Anonymous wrote:

I get about 20 myFICO notifications per week. I have tried to pare down the types of alerts and notifications but they are still relentless. Is there a way to get 1 summary per week or something like that?

Hi - we currently don't have a summary option for alerts. We only have alert settings for one bureau - Equifax at the moment. 

If you're using the app, your OS has notification settings you can use. 

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Cindy.  I understand how my os and email preferences work, but thank you for your non-responsive (and patronizing) response.

But I'm paying YOU (a lot every month) and the the alerts are sourced from YOUR servers (not from Equifax, Experian or Transunion). So YOU are a gatekeeper, and YOU are charging me for that service. Let's be clear:  That is ALL myFICO does; convey info from someone to someone else. I was already paying $12/month for another version of Experian, and I would assume that the others have similar products. Adding together the 3, that is about the same as what YOU are charging me for...Nothing apparently.

SO myFICO is repackaging someone else's information, providing NO value add, acting as a gatekeeper, charging me for that no value-add, disclaiming all control over the information that you gather and sell back to me, but is unable to control its own servers so that I don't get 20 to 30 emails a week. 

Oh, and you provide forums. My business does that too. It costs us about $300/year.

Got it.

Buh bye.

Message 3 of 6
moosemoney
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you Cindy.  I understand how my os and email preferences work, but thank you for your non-responsive (and patronizing) response.

But I'm paying YOU (a lot every month) and the the alerts are sourced from YOUR servers (not from Equifax, Experian or Transunion). So YOU are a gatekeeper, and YOU are charging me for that service. Let's be clear:  That is ALL myFICO does; convey info from someone to someone else. I was already paying $12/month for another version of Experian, and I would assume that the others have similar products. Adding together the 3, that is about the same as what YOU are charging me for...Nothing apparently.

SO myFICO is repackaging someone else's information, providing NO value add, acting as a gatekeeper, charging me for that no value-add, disclaiming all control over the information that you gather and sell back to me, but is unable to control its own servers so that I don't get 20 to 30 emails a week. 

Oh, and you provide forums. My business does that too. It costs us about $300/year.

Got it.

Buh bye.

Jeeze man, calm down. No one is making you have a paid account.

Message 4 of 6
Cindy_FICO
Administrator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Got it.

Buh bye.

Hi - I understand that you're a paying customer. I definitely didn't want to come off as patronizing, so I apologize if it came off that way. We just don't currently have that feature, so I was offering your OS settings as a possible solution. I know it doesn't completely solve the issue of getting multiple emails. 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand. Thank you. But I will be terminating my account because it just feels like I'm paying for spam. It's a very hefty monthly fee for what is really just a data aggregator. It's not complicated and for that cost, I would expect that your programmers could figure out a simple fix for a simple problem. Just my two cents.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.