cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got an alert my score dropped..don't know why?!?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got an alert my score dropped..don't know why?!?

I signed up for SW (apparently I did the free trial thing, which I wish I hadn't..I need SC for a while not looking to cancel soon) and in the last week or so got 3 medical collections deleted and one late day payment deleted so I was obviously expecting a score alert..but of an increase not a decrease!  If anything, it could stay the same, but an increase?!?! I have no idea why this happened as everything else is taken care of. I called the cust rep to see if we could figure out why and she said I'd have to buy a new report. No changes were detected in the monitoring, it says everything is the same, so I really don't know what else to do.

I was feeling desperate so I bought FICO quarterly Monitoring to see another report and the report looks the same as my first one...which by the way, looks imcomplete when I compare it to the one I got from annual credit report.

Somebody help!!!  Score went from 649 to 619

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Re: Just got an alert my score dropped..don't know why?!?

Perhaps the deletions decreased your average account age or utilization percentage increased.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think so. The deletions were all medical collections. Smiley Sad 30 points is A LOT

I was so excited about having taken care of those and now I'm worse than when I started.

Why won't SW give me a reason? Would it be because I'm still on free trial? That will change Monday....

Message 3 of 19
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Did you try looking at the "Credit Alerts" tab on Alert history?

Also, I've read that sometimes collection agents re-age accounts. The information on your report may look the same but something like date of last activity may have changed.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did look under there. I'm guessing because I'm still under the 10 day trial they're not showing me the changes that caused this to drop. I guess the only thing to do is wait until Monday and either I'll have access to those details of the score drop in SC or I'll use my second report to see what's going on.

Message 5 of 19
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I did look under there. I'm guessing because I'm still under the 10 day trial they're not showing me the changes that caused this to drop. I guess the only thing to do is wait until Monday and either I'll have access to those details of the score drop in SC or I'll use my second report to see what's going on.

SW will not list the specific changes that occurred to your report [ETA...though it'll sometimes list specific changes, but not dropped baddies]. It'll only give a general idea within the alert and that always isn't the exact cause for the point change. Basically SW is good for FICO score alerts and score changes, plus you get two FICO reports with that with any future reports at 30% off. In between ordering reports, you'd only get general ideas for those changes. Many of us subscribe to a CMS outside of SW so as to pull new reports as needed.

Per a drop, and copying others, it could be changes in util, a changed baddie, drop in AAoA, disputes often result in score drops, rebucketing, etc.

Message 6 of 19
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@llecs wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

SW will not list the specific changes that occurred to your report [ETA...though it'll sometimes list specific changes, but not dropped baddies]. It'll only give a general idea within the alert and that always isn't the exact cause for the point change. Basically SW is good for FICO score alerts and score changes, plus you get two FICO reports with that with any future reports at 30% off. In between ordering reports, you'd only get general ideas for those changes. Many of us subscribe to a CMS outside of SW so as to pull new reports as needed.

Per a drop, and copying others, it could be changes in util, a changed baddie, drop in AAoA, disputes often result in score drops, rebucketing, etc.

VERY beneficial!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 19
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Hi kala2girls,

You should have received a SW alert today with some good news.  Still, you're not going to get a reason for the change from SW.  Smiley Sad

-Barry

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Barry wrote:

Hi kala2girls,

You should have received a SW alert today with some good news.  Still, you're not going to get a reason for the change from SW.  Smiley Sad

-Barry

That sounds promising, I hope kala got her 30 points back and then some.

Best of Luck kalaSmiley Happy

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey! How did you know I'd get good news?!? I got another alert from SW yesterday, I went to check it out and my score increased 17 points..it's still lower than when I started Besides the score increase, SW also alerted me of the balances going up on:

--$50 on an old collection account (that is supposed to be in dispute) I DV'd them and they haven't responded...Asset Acceptance

--$14.95 on my only credit card--Capital One-----This last one, though is showing up twice for some weird reason...

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.