Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got my credit scores

tag
mipema
Contributor

Just got my credit scores

I am a long time lurker who decided today is the day I am signing up for MyFico.  I have a WaMu (TU 719) and a Juniper Platinum MC (TransRisk 590) which gives me my access to my FAKO score and was using that for a while to monitor my credit health, but I wanted to know more accurately how I am viewed by lenders. 

I USED to be extremely bad with respects to managing my credit, and have nearly 40 late pays (Yup, forty).  They are set to fall off within the next year or thereabouts.  I am ashamed of myself, but I digress.  I decided that it's time to get my FICO scores, and signed up for the SW 30 day free trial.  I am somewhat pleased with the results.

Anyhow, without further aideu, my scores are as follows:

EQ:  693
TU:   706
EX:  705

On a side note, I also have a Gold Delta SkyMiles Amex (10,000 credit line), for which I called this morning, and requested a "product upgrade".  I am getting the Blue Cash in about a months time.  I am excited.

Message Edited by mipema on 09-24-2007 11:38 AM
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just got my credit scores

Thats Fabulous..Keep up the good work...Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 8
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Super!
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You mentioned that you got your credit scores (listed in your original post) by using Credit Watch but doesn't that just give you the Equifax score?  How were you able to get all three?  MyFICO doesn't seem to have a product that proactively monitors all three bureaus along with giving all of the scores...Really inconvenient.  I use mycreditkeeper.com but I'm now learing that those are FAKO's and can't be reliable...I really need and want a good product that will give me unlimited access to my reports & scores EVERY month.

Help!!
Message 4 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

When you go to your ScoreWatch screen, it should list Experian and Trans Union with ??? under them, if you havne't bought their scores in the last 30 days. It should have a "buy this score now" link--click on that, and pull out your credit card.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 8
smallfry
Senior Contributor

You have a Transunion credit card enhanced FICO of 700+ with 40 lates? Good for you. I would forget the 590 FAKO score.
Message 6 of 8
mipema
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
You mentioned that you got your credit scores (listed in your original post) by using Credit Watch but doesn't that just give you the Equifax score?  How were you able to get all three?  MyFICO doesn't seem to have a product that proactively monitors all three bureaus along with giving all of the scores...Really inconvenient.  I use mycreditkeeper.com but I'm now learing that those are FAKO's and can't be reliable...I really need and want a good product that will give me unlimited access to my reports & scores EVERY month.

Help!!

Yes, it does just give my Equifax score. I needed to purchase the other two seperately (TU and EX).

I too think that it's a bit inconvenient, however it is the best way I have found to monitor all three.

By the way, I did a google search for "myfico codes" (minus the quotes) and there are many links you can use to same some $$$ when purchasing. I think up to 25% off.
Message 7 of 8
mipema
Contributor

@smallfry wrote:
You have a Transunion credit card enhanced FICO of 700+ with 40 lates? Good for you. I would forget the 590 FAKO score.

Yes, fortunately for me most lates are due to fall off within the next year or two, so I don't think they weigh too heavily. Not to mention, these lates eventually lead to charge offs/collection accounts, but again, they are all paid (some for less than full balance), but should fall off within a year or two. I have written GW letters to these folks, with whom I have had these misfortunes, to get these marks removed, but have yet to hear anything back one way or another.

As far as the 590 score goes, that is from my Juniper MC (it is one of my rebuilding cards), and that score has never been terribly accurate, so I never put too much stock in it.

Off topic a bit, but I opened my mail the other day, and there was a letter in there from AMEX confirming a "product change" on my Gold Delta SkyMiles AMEX. I should be getting my AMEX Blue Cash card around the end of the month, with 0 AF, and 0% APR on purchases through the end of 4/08. This comes at a good time, because the AF on my sky miles would be due in December, to the tune of 85 bucks - but since the product change, nothing due. It does carry a high APR though (18.24 - the same as my Delta SkyMiles card), but I do plan on getting this reduced by the time April of '08 rolls around.

My Delta Gold SkyMiles card has been a good card overall, with the biggest downside being the annual fees (I always PIF, so the APR never really bothered me). Most importantly, I was able to rack up around 27,000 SkyMiles. I think that may be good enough for a free flight. WOO HOO!! Smiley Very Happy
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.