cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MYFICO reporting information that is not on credit report

tag
aaidooo8955

MYFICO reporting information that is not on credit report

Has anyone had issues with things appearing on MYFICO that aren't on thier credit report?  I called MyFICO and they stated they get the information from the credit reporting agency. But, when I called Equifax they stated they are not reporting and provided a updated credit report which shows they are not reporting it. They keep bouncing me between each other. They are reporting a fraudelent account that Equifax removed. When I call equifax they stated they are not reporting it and provided an udpated credit report showing it isn't there. So, if that's the case where are they getting it from? 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
GZG
Valued Contributor

Re: MYFICO reporting information that is not on credit report

@aaidooo8955 wrote:

Has anyone had issues with things appearing on MYFICO that aren't on thier credit report?  I called MyFICO and they stated they get the information from the credit reporting agency. But, when I called Equifax they stated they are not reporting and provided a updated credit report which shows they are not reporting it. They keep bouncing me between each other and at this point I will have to ask for legal help because this is affecting me financially. They are reporting a fraudelent account that Equifax removed. When I call equifax they stated they are not reporting it and provided an udpated credit report showing it isn't there. So, if that's the case where are they getting it from? 

check your actual EQ report from here: https://www.annualcreditreport.com/index.action 

if it's not on that report, it's not on your report.

FICO's report doesn't update dynamically.

it won't update until you get another pull of your report(s) from your myFICO product, so if FICO's pull wasn't recent, it wouldn't update the removal. 

Starting FICO 8:

Current FICO 8:

3/6, 5/12, 14/24

Message 2 of 8
aaidooo8955

Thanks for the information. I am looking at the updated MYFICO report as of today. I have both reports as of today MyFico is showing the account and Equifax is not. I also pulled from annualcreditreport.com and it's also not showing there on Equifax. I am unclear if the information and scoring we see in myfico is what lenders or landlords see as well for fico scoring? If so, it could be showing the m the wrong info.  I guess will wait another month to see if fixes itself. This account has been removed from Equifax several months ago

Message 3 of 8
GZG
Valued Contributor

@aaidooo8955 wrote:

Thanks for the information. I am looking at the updated MYFICO report as of today. I have both reports as of today MyFico is showing the account and Equifax is not. I also pulled from annualcreditreport.com and it's also not showing there on Equifax. I am unclear if the information and scoring we see in myfico is what lenders or landlords see as well for fico scoring? If so, it could be showing the m the wrong info.  I guess will wait another month to see if fixes itself. This account has been removed from Equifax several months ago

is that tradeline on your other reports? tu/experian? 

did you get a 3 bureau pull from myfico or just a 1 bureau pull from myfico (equifax pull)? 

no, the information that is on your actual report should be the only information that anybody who access your report should be able to see and if they are seeing other information, that would probably be a massive FCRA violation? 

all of the credit report aggregators (CK, myFICO etc.) are imperfect when it comes to copying over the information from the real report onto their websites, but the direct reports themselves should still be accurate 

Starting FICO 8:

Current FICO 8:

3/6, 5/12, 14/24

Message 4 of 8
aaidooo8955

Ok that makes sense.  I was under the impression that information from MyFico  is what creditors would see as far as FICO scoring. I pulled all 3 and it's not appearing with other agencies (TU/Experian).  

Message 5 of 8
whatsgooddoc

I have the exact same issue.  Myfico is reporting a paid and deleted collection from 2023 that Equifax has confirmed is not reporting.  I tried to dispute with Equifax but they can't because the collection doesn't appear.  I even called the collection agency and they informed me that the account should not be reporting.  Not sure what else to do.

Message 6 of 8
thundersoft3000

Same Problem here too. Just refreshed my latest myFICO 3B report today and now EQUIFAX shows a previously removed charge off. It's not on TU or EXP. It's not on my annualcreditreport for all the CRAs which just pulled them today to verify and it's not on my latest Equifax.com report (I have the daily updates subscription). This looks like a bug with Equifax report on myFICO.

Message 7 of 8
aaidooo8955

The sad part is I wasted 6 hours of my time calling equifax and myfico with no resolution. Myfico says they are reporting it and they only put what is being reported and equifax is saying we don't report it and here is the credit report as proof. I was told in different forums  the report from the actual credit reporting agency is the correct one and myfico is wrong ( apparently the CMS they are using is not accurate ?). But, I was also told myfico is the most accurate reflection of your fico score.. guess that's wrong . Not sure it's worth paying for the service at this point.  

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.