cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Fico Forum, impressed - Yes. Paid subscription...not as much but only game in town

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Established Contributor

Re: My Fico Forum, impressed - Yes. Paid subscription...not as much but only game in town

@BrutalBodyShots wrote:

@CassieCard wrote:

The EQ/TU alerts have been pretty good for me on the $39.95 FICO Premier subscription.

How do they compare to free EQ/TU alerts from Credit Karma?  From what I've read on here, most people say that CK is better (faster) with alerts than MF.

For me, CK is really bad compared to FICO Premier. I received all of the alerts below from myFICO due to 2 statement balance updates on the 2nd and 3rd of this month (July 2019).

With Credit Karma, I got an email notification about a payment to Citi on my TransUnion file on the 8th - a few days later than the myFICO alert. I never got anything else from CK.

My email address is verified with CK, and both boxes are checked under 'Communications and Monitoring' in preferences. I'm open to the possibility that it might just be an issue with a subset of user accounts.

myfico-july-alerts.png

27 FICO Scores + 3 VS3. MTG (Mortgage), AUT (Auto), and BKC (Bankcard) are scores 5,4, and 2 from the top.

New CRADIS contacts, bearing 1 carom 10. Just think of EQ, TU, and EX as Cylon Basestars.

Message 11 of 14
Frequent Contributor

Re: My Fico Forum, impressed - Yes. Paid subscription...not as much but only game in town

Everyone has different needs/wants obviously, but for me the free reports I get from Citi, Discover and AMEX are sufficient.  

Message 12 of 14

I absolutely agree with you. I've had my subscription for almost two years. Myfico kept reporting an account delinquent when it actually was NOT.  I had to call Equifax and my bank to figure out what was going on. Both assured me that the info here was incorrect and Equifax is sending me a credit report by mail to back up what they told me over the telephone. I'm cancelling my subscription TODAY!

Message 13 of 14
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I'm still waiting for an update to my EX F8 score that I received 7/16 because I I have the EX subscription I know when it occurred.  3 days, not that much.  But considering the normal lag time I don't expect to see this update on MyFiCO this month.  June was just a total miss when I had score changes on all 3B's and received one alert from TU and it was not the TU score I received from EX when I received my monthly 3B F8 scores.

But I don't think MyFico is providing incorrect information, they just don't update F8 scores regularly and/or timely as they advertise.  For such a pricey product (considering all of the other options for maintenance), I like you after over a year of paying monthly (me $33) for quarterly reports, they should do better.  

FICO 8 as of 10/08/19
FICO 9 as of 10/08/19
AoOA - 23Y7M | AAoA - 11Y5M | AoYA - 0Y1M
1 30 day late on EX (12/2012)
Open: 9 CC | 2 RC | 1 PLOC | 1 MTG loan | 1 Auto loan
Closed: 1 MTG loan | 1 Auto loan | 2 RC
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.