cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Fico Forum, impressed - Yes. Paid subscription...not as much but only game in town

tag
Trudy
Valued Contributor

My Fico Forum, impressed - Yes. Paid subscription...not as much but only game in town

Having an EX paid subscription makes me realize how infrequent MyFICO's monthly paid subscription updates FICO 8 scores.  I know alerts trigger updates, but I thought FICO 8 score changes updated without a triggered alert, part of the subscription.  Clearly I'm wrong.

In June I had score changes with EX FICO 8, TU FICO 8 and EQ FICO 8.  Found these changes through my EX subscription.  And it is clear EX FICO 8, which I see days to weeks before MyFICO updates is communicated much sooner.  My EX monthly subscription showed these changes on 6/7 and others for EX throughout the month.  Nothing at all and/or timely for any bureau showed these until July and the EQ and TU scores are now different than 6/7.  Which means MyFICO never reported these changes. EX, changes, weeks later.

Bottom line, hard to track changes and why with MyFICO due to inconsistent and untimely updates.  Although I know it's not designed to help you figure it out, thinking about finally getting rid of this as I can pay for a one time pull and pretty much get what I need from MyFICO unless I'm planning for an app, which still would only require a 1 or 2 month pull.  Much less than $32.95 X 12 months for only 4 reports and inconsistent updates to FICO 8.  A little disappointed but it is what it is.

I'm sure others may feel different as there are different circumstances.  Just thought I'd share my circumstances.

For such a great forum and competition for FICO 8 and a few others scores, you'd think they'd reduce the price AND do better.

FICO - 8: 05/05/23
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My Fico Forum, impressed - Yes. Paid subscription...not as much but only game in town

There are many people on this forum that don't see value in a MF subscription, or any subscription at all.  I'm a huge fan of using zero-cost options or on occasion ultra-low cost options (like $1 trials) and from the start of my rebuild at 619, to making it to 850, to sitting on my hands where I am today (about 3 years total) that's all I've ever done.  It's worked great for me and I have zero regrets.  I wouldn't blame you at all for dropping a paid subscription.

Message 2 of 14
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: My Fico Forum, impressed - Yes. Paid subscription...not as much but only game in town

@Trudy wrote:

Having an EX paid subscription makes me realize how infrequent MyFICO's monthly paid subscription updates FICO 8 scores.  I know alerts trigger updates, but I thought FICO 8 score changes updated without a triggered alert, part of the subscription.  Clearly I'm wrong.

In June I had score changes with EX FICO 8, TU FICO 8 and EQ FICO 8.  Found these changes through my EX subscription.  And it is clear EX FICO 8, which I see days to weeks before MyFICO updates is communicated much sooner.  My EX monthly subscription showed these changes on 6/7 and others for EX throughout the month.  Nothing at all and/or timely for any bureau showed these until July and the EQ and TU scores are now different than 6/7.  Which means MyFICO never reported these changes. EX, changes, weeks later.

Bottom line, hard to track changes and why with MyFICO due to inconsistent and untimely updates.  Although I know it's not designed to help you figure it out, thinking about finally getting rid of this as I can pay for a one time pull and pretty much get what I need from MyFICO unless I'm planning for an app, which still would only require a 1 or 2 month pull.  Much less than $32.95 X 12 months for only 4 reports and inconsistent updates to FICO 8.  A little disappointed but it is what it is.

I'm sure others may feel different as there are different circumstances.  Just thought I'd share my circumstances.

For such a great forum and competition for FICO 8 and a few others scores, you'd think they'd reduce the price AND do better.

I have the 3 bureau monitoring here, which is quite expensive.

And I have the much less expensive experian.com Credit Watch (not Credit Watch Basic, not Credit Watch Premium, just plain Credit Watch), which for $10 month plus tax gives me daily updates of 7 EX FICO scores and the EX reports. I definitely find the EX service to be a better value.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a difference in quality of alerts between FICO Advanced and FICO Premier?

The EQ/TU alerts have been pretty good for me on the $39.95 FICO Premier subscription.

Message 4 of 14
Trudy
Valued Contributor

SJ, I asked about Credit Watch and was told they no longer offer that product.  I still have the Credit Works Premium but I do agree that EX is the better product.

Message 5 of 14
Trudy
Valued Contributor

CassieCard, not sure.  But it is clear to me that Advanced does not update timely which I believe a score change is suppose to do whether it's connected to an alert trigger or not.

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I pay for Experian and like it. However, when it was still CCT, there was some glitch that allowed me to update all 3 bureaus constantly without being charged any extra. I liked that a lot more lol. But it's probably better that I not obsessively check all 3 bureaus, esp considering they don't change much any more.
Message 7 of 14
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Is there a difference in quality of alerts between FICO Advanced and FICO Premier?

The EQ/TU alerts have been pretty good for me on the $39.95 FICO Premier subscription.

The 2 services are identical except that one gives you quarterly 3-B reports, while the other gives you monthly 3-B reports.

IMHO the alerts suck.  To me they are useless.

Message 8 of 14
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Trudy wrote:

SJ, I asked about Credit Watch and was told they no longer offer that product.  I still have the Credit Works Premium but I do agree that EX is the better product.

Sorry to hear that. I'm not surprised, though, because when I got it I had to ask for it -- they were no longer promoting it on their site.

To me, the Premium isn't worth $15 month more, but what can you do.

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

How do they compare to free EQ/TU alerts from Credit Karma?  From what I've read on here, most people say that CK is better (faster) with alerts than MF.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.