Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFICO Customer Service

tag
Ashley080817
New Visitor

MyFICO Customer Service

Today I was notified that my TransUnion score increased. I am a Premier customer so I pay $40/month to get a report monthly. I logged on and purchased a single report for $16 since MyFICO said my score increased by 34 points. I wanted to see my new mortgage score. After I purchased the report my score went back down by 34 points. My balance went back to last months balances. I called MyFICO and reported the issue. They told me they would not help me. They would not refund me or give me a new report. They notified me of the changes for this month and then gave me last months report. I deleted my premier subscription and I will NOT be using MyFICO ever again. Just to mention MyFICO is SLOW to update. I see changes on Experian Boost app days & weeks ahead of MyFICO changes. I will be using only the Experian app from now on. It's cheaper and has the same scores - 2,4,5 bank mortgage & auto. I do not recommend MyFICO to anyone. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Elizabeth_FICO
myFICO Employee

Re: MyFICO Customer Service

Thank you for flagging this, and I apologize for your poor customer service experience. We are researching the issue and will get back to you.

Message 2 of 6
SalsaShark42

Did they ever follow up with you on this?  I find it amazing how customer service doesn't have the ability to actually do anything to service the customer...

Message 3 of 6
SeaProbe
Regular Contributor

I'm likely saying the obvious, but I have worked for companies where the CS agents (especially upper tier) were empowered to practically give away the shop to make a customer happy. That company's founder strongly believed in the value of long term (lifetime) customer value. CS was indeed a service and a marketing asset.

Other companies treat CS instead exclusively as a cost center. Do as little as possible and minimize talk time or else use the agents primarily to upsell on inbound calls. The less the competition - think cable - the less the need for CS to make customers loyal and happy.

I will often choose to do business with companies who treat me well, even when they are not the cheapest. Good service means a lot to me.

Message 4 of 6
SalsaShark42

I was particularly disappointed because, in my case, the CSR didn't even try to understand why I was calling--she was just parroting something from a call script and wouldn't budge from it.  I think my expectations were even higher because I saw a number of posts in the forums here saying how great the customer service is and how proactive they are in ensuring a positive experience.  It feels like they're outsourcing their call center and that the reps aren't actually empowered to do anything.

Message 5 of 6
RedFox2

Ah, MyFico customer service—sometimes as elusive as your car keys when you're running late.

My MyFico customer service encounter: Picture this: you've paused your premier subscription, thinking you're the puppet master of your financial fate. But surprise, surprise! Myfico declined my refund request for an unwanted, unused report.

Curious to hear more? Check out my story here: https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/myFICO-Product-Feedback/Why-I-ll-Never-Hit-the-Pause-Button-on-MyFi....

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.