Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFICO Watch Monitor Not Updating

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

MyFICO Watch Monitor Not Updating

I started the free trial of Watch Monitor yesterday after checking my EQ activity directly from their site. I checked the EQ site today and saw another account balance had been updated to 0 (I'd paid $2,735 PIF and was waiting for this bal to post.). I got no email, not text, nor are there any alerts in my Watch report. Does anyone have input on how long it takes for new balances from EQ to update on Watch Monitor?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: MyFICO Watch Monitor Not Updating

There are two types of alerts with SW: 1)  credit alerts and 2) score alerts. ScoreWatch will alert you to balance increases, but it says it doesn't alert for balance decreases, so you won't get a credit alert. SW does monitor your FICO, but it doesn't monitor your EQ FICO daily; it's advertised as weekly. If your target score within your settings is reached or surpassed, then you'd get a score alert when it monitors your score next.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@llecs wrote:

There are two types of alerts with SW: 1)  credit alerts and 2) score alerts. ScoreWatch will alert you to balance increases, but it says it doesn't alert for balance decreases, so you won't get a credit alert. SW does monitor your FICO, but it doesn't monitor your EQ FICO daily; it's advertised as weekly. If your target score within your settings is reached or surpassed, then you'd get a score alert when it monitors your score next.

Thanks and I thought that I understood the disclaimers pretty well. What I did is setup to alert me when my FICO score reached my goal score of 1 point higher than my FICO score was yesterday when I started the account. I had balances that were taking some time to update and had been checking EQ every day manually. My Utilization was at 32% prior to the balance posting. It should now be at 6% and in fact should improve my FICO score as well.

I set this up yesterday with the parameters that I did b/c I thought it was a great time to learn excactly how the service worked. COuld be that monitoring is done once weekly as you'd stated?

Message 3 of 8
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

I recieved an alert yesterday morning, than another one last night.

I stopped counting the number of alerts I've recieved from SW.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 4 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I set this up yesterday with the parameters that I did b/c I thought it was a great time to learn excactly how the service worked. COuld be that monitoring is done once weekly as you'd stated?

Yep, score alerts can come up to a week later. Now had util did the reverse, increased in that manner, then you'd get alerted within a day or so.

Message 5 of 8
Booner72
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@llecs wrote:

Thanks and I thought that I understood the disclaimers pretty well. What I did is setup to alert me when my FICO score reached my goal score of 1 point higher than my FICO score was yesterday when I started the account. I had balances that were taking some time to update and had been checking EQ every day manually. My Utilization was at 32% prior to the balance posting. It should now be at 6% and in fact should improve my FICO score as well.

Make sure you set your goal score to your CURRENT score, not one point higher or lower.  Unless something triggers your report such as a balance increase (not decrease), inquiry, new account, (Something added --- subtracting doesn't generate an alert, such as a removal of an inquiry, collection, acct, balance decrease etc).

Without one of those events occurring, you will see a SW email that says "No SW alert this week".  But if your score is set to your current score you can get a SW alert with a score change (for things like paying down accounts etc) but that is only weekly.  Hope that makes sense.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 6 of 8
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@Repo-ed wrote:

I recieved an alert yesterday morning, than another one last night.

I stopped counting the number of alerts I've recieved from SW.

You're lucky, LOL!

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 8
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Finally got my update!

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.