Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFico 10 Day FREE Trial - Deceiving?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

MyFico 10 Day FREE Trial - Deceiving?

Hi Barry,

I signed up for the 10 DAY FREE TRIAL Score Watch on 01/24/12.

Here's the link to the signup page thats clearly state the 10-Day Free Trial in bold.... red!

http://www.myfico.com/Products/Products.aspx

Today (01/31/12) ...... I sent an email to cancel (less than 10 days - to be exact.... it's only the 7th days)

I received a reply stating that All myFICO subscription products require a three month minimum subscription.

Therefore, it's scheduled for cancellation on 04/18/2012.

This is not good. Its deceiving and a wrongful advertisement.

I would highly appreciate if you could help me.

Thanks

Message 1 of 48
47 REPLIES 47
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Re: MyFico 10 Day FREE Trial - Deceiving?

Hi Smile 2012,

Somehow you ordered the NON-free trial version of Score Watch, which also includes a 3 month minimum.  That's why they wouldn't cancel you.  We have now canceled your SW subscription and refunded your $14.95 payment.  Sorry for the confusion.

-Barry

Message 2 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Barry,

Thank you very much for your super fast action.

I really appreciate it.

That's what I call good  customer service.

;-)

Message 3 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Barry,

I really appreciate it.

;-)

Barry is the very best when it comes to helping people, IMO, this Forum is the best place to ask your questions and to express your concerns when it comes to myFICO's products, as Barry will normally respond with an answer very quickly, and 9 times out of 10, the Member will leave with a smile on their faceSmiley Happy

Best of Luck smile2012.

Message 4 of 48
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Barry,

I really appreciate it.

;-)

Barry is the very best when it comes to helping people, IMO, this Forum is the best place to ask your questions and to express your concerns when it comes to myFICO's products, as Barry will normally respond with an answer very quickly, and 9 times out of 10, the Member will leave with a smile on their faceSmiley Happy

Best of Luck smile2012.

+1

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 48
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

@LS2982 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Barry,

I really appreciate it.

;-)

Best of Luck smile2012.

+1

Yeah, but watch out for that 10th one!!!  Smiley Surprised

-Barry

Message 6 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Barry wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Barry,

I really appreciate it.

;-)

Best of Luck smile2012.

+1

Yeah, but watch out for that 10th one!!!  Smiley Surprised

-Barry

I hear ya Barry, you just can't satisfy everyone every time, that's just the way it isSmiley Indifferent

Message 7 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Barry,

I just signed up for this trial and for some reason, had to go through a manual authetication that would not clear due to unknown revolving accounts. The customer care agent sent me to Equifax, who asked me for the promotional code from myfico in order to clear up the situation. I told Equifax that I was not provided a promo code for the 10 day trial and that it was just there on the website. What promotional code am I supposed to give Equifax? I do NOT want to end up paying for two services. 

Thanks,

IML

Message 8 of 48
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Barry,

I just signed up for this trial and for some reason, had to go through a manual authetication that would not clear due to unknown revolving accounts. The customer care agent sent me to Equifax, who asked me for the promotional code from myfico in order to clear up the situation. I told Equifax that I was not provided a promo code for the 10 day trial and that it was just there on the website. What promotional code am I supposed to give Equifax? I do NOT want to end up paying for two services. 

Thanks,

IML

Hi IML,

You got me.  That is, I'm not aware of a "promo code" that you would give to EQ to clear up the situation.  If you were unable to provide enough or the right information for myFICO to authenticate you then my understanding is you're out of luck as far as purchasing from myFICO.  I'm thinking that the customer service rep might have directed you to buy at EQ, simply in hopes that you'll have better luck passing authentication.

If you feel you weren't given a fair chance to verify your identity, you may want to speak to a customer service manager.  Otherwise, my suggestion would be to try ordering from EQ, although I don't know if they also have a free trial offer.

Sorry I couldn't be of any more help.

-Barry

Message 9 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happened to me too: Re: MyFico 10 Day FREE Trial - Deceiving?

I signed up for the 10 day free trial for Score Watch and tried to cancel today after less then 10 days over the phone, but I was told that I was locked into the 3 month mandatory subscription!

The people on the customer service line refused to adjust the order and said I was going to be billed for 3 months even if I canceled today. They were very rude and lectured me that it was somehow my fault for choosing the wrong option.

This is very concerning and I am apparently not the first person to experience what feels like a bait and switch.

Message 10 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.