cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFico 10 Day FREE Trial - Deceiving?

tag
OpIvy03
Established Member

Re: Happened to me too: Re: MyFico 10 Day FREE Trial - Deceiving?

Hi Barry,

I just purchased the same 10 day free trial. Which also stated that I could cancel my subscription before 10 days to prevent charging. I believe it had stated if I had not cancelled when the 10 days expired I would then be locked into the 3 month minimum subscription. Would you be able to assist in cancelling this product? I see that a few others have experienced some difficulties with cancelling and if you could assist that would make the view of customer service delightful rather than frightening.

Regards

Message 11 of 48
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Re: Happened to me too: Re: MyFico 10 Day FREE Trial - Deceiving?

@Anonymous wrote:

I signed up for the 10 day free trial for Score Watch and tried to cancel today after less then 10 days over the phone, but I was told that I was locked into the 3 month mandatory subscription!

The people on the customer service line refused to adjust the order and said I was going to be billed for 3 months even if I canceled today. They were very rude and lectured me that it was somehow my fault for choosing the wrong option.

This is very concerning and I am apparently not the first person to experience what feels like a bait and switch.

Hi AlexDmv,

There's no bait and switch here.  You just happened to order the wrong version of SW, most likely due to some confusion as to the way myFICO presents the info.  It's an easy mistake to make.  Are you aware that your refund and cancelation were granted later that day by customer service after the agent to whom you spoke escalated it to a supervisor?  Sorry if you felt the rep was rude.  They have a tough job, receive lots of abuse and are only human.  No excuse, but just a fact.

-Barry

Message 12 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! :) Re: Happened to me too: Re: MyFico 10 Day FREE Trial - Deceiving?

Thanks Barry! This site is lucky to have someone like you, and I greatly appreciate your kind help Smiley Happy
Message 13 of 48
donkin
New Visitor

Re: MyFico 10 Day FREE Trial - Deceiving?

ok, i just signed up, when you are checking out, you need to change the drop down from "monthly" to "free trial", then after you do that click the "update" button. you will notice it says you are doing the free trial. then you can continue and pay for this trial.

i think the people that had the problem of getting charged, were not changing the drop down from "monthly" to "free trial" AND then clicking the UPDATE button before completing the checkout process.

Message 14 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Barry,

I was hoping to get a hold of you as I am somewhat frustrated. I signed up for my free trial on 5/16. A day or so later I went online to try and cancel but could not figure it out and figured I would just call in the next few days to do so. However, within those few days a family member became ill and I became very preoccupied. The last thing on my mind was my free trial and I had totally forgotten about it until I pulled up my credit card account today and saw the service amount pending.

I called today and spoke to a women who told me that unfortunately it was too late to cancel but she could drop the charge by 33% each month. Of course I said yes to this as it is a discount, but she also told me that I would have to call back again when it comes closer to the 3 months.

While I appreciate her offering this, I don't even know if I should have even taken the offer because of all the issues going on right now. I am worried it will slip my mind again in 3 months. I wouldn't even be writing this if I had just forgotten, but I did actually try online and had to give up because I couldn't figure out how to do it and I was at work so could not chat with someone on the phone at that moment. If at all possible I would like to just cancel the service entirely as now I won't even have the time to even take advantage of any of the services.

I appreciate your time Barry and anything you can do for me would be much appreciated.

Thank you so much in advance!

Message 15 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

I need to Cancel my free 10 day trial of myfico.com so I am not charged which i got on 7/5...If you could please delete my account that would be great. It needs to be deleted by 7/15.Thank you.

Message 16 of 48
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I need to Cancel my free 10 day trial of myfico.com so I am not charged which i got on 7/5...If you could please delete my account that would be great. It needs to be deleted by 7/15.Thank you.

Hello and welcome.

This is not the avenue to canel your trial. You need to call customer service.

1-800-319-4433
Mon-Fri 6am to 6pm Pacific Time
Sat 7am to 4pm Pacific Time

Message 17 of 48
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

can you use this link? or do you have to call customer service? 

http://myfico.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/20/kw/stopping%20scorewatch

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 18 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barry,

I almost made the same mistake untill I noticed an asterisk followed by small print noting a minimum 3 month subscription. Any company that advertises free anything then immediately asks for credit card information can't be trusted. Hence I look for the small print declaration. Duplicitous to say the least. I won't return to this site that's for sure.

Craig

Message 19 of 48
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Barry,

I almost made the same mistake untill I noticed an asterisk followed by small print noting a minimum 3 month subscription. Any company that advertises free anything then immediately asks for credit card information can't be trusted. Hence I look for the small print declaration. Duplicitous to say the least. I won't return to this site that's for sure.

Craig

Ok. Thanks for stopping by!

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 20 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.