cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFico 10 Day FREE Trial - Deceiving?

tag
Cranski
Valued Member

Re: MyFico 10 Day FREE Trial - Deceiving?

That is a good idea to always read the terms and conditions of anything or any company you solicit service from. Although, if the terms are in print and not hidden then there should be no problem, that's good business.

I used the trial, was easy to sign up for, cancelled by calling like it says to. Did not have any problems. Stayed for the forums, lots of useful info.

I don't like the 3 months up front is why I chose to only take advantage of the trial, even if only used one day. But in no way is the service deceptive as you state. It clearly spells out the terms.

You should stick around for the forums though. They won't ask for your CC information Smiley Happy the more the merrier.

@Anonymous wrote:

Barry,

I almost made the same mistake untill I noticed an asterisk followed by small print noting a minimum 3 month subscription. Any company that advertises free anything then immediately asks for credit card information can't be trusted. Hence I look for the small print declaration. Duplicitous to say the least. I won't return to this site that's for sure.

Craig

CS 701, CK 682, Credit.com 719/ TU FICO 666 (DIS 8/12) EU FICO 658 (8/12)
After spree CS 738, CK 684, TU FICO 666 (Dis 8/5)

WF Secured 600Cl (7/11), Discover More 1.5k (8/12), Walmart 150CL(8/12), Cap1 Platinum w/Credit steps($300) (8/12)
Message 21 of 48
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

i just used the link i posted. found through google. 

was easy to unsubscribe.

offered me a discount rate of 995 a month for 6.

cancelled and gave an honest reason. 

if i have debt i should not be spending on things i dont need. 

took all of two seconds. 

on day 8 of 10 btw 

got an email instantly. 

this was not hard or painful. 

you just have to be aware. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 22 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@OlegWasHere wrote:

was easy to unsubscribe.

took all of two seconds. 

on day 8 of 10 btw 

got an email instantly. 

I just tried using that link... it gives me an offer for $2 off, I click the button that says I still want to cancel, then it takes me to a screen that says I need to call them.  But conveniently, it is after hours for them.   I had read a review that you could cancel by sending them an email, but when I try to do that, it takes me to that same screen that ultimately tells me to call them, but they aren't open.  Tomorrow is my 10th day, and I have a very hectic day tomorrow.  I'd really rather not have to deal with chatting with customer service tomorrow.  Is there any other avenue?  Smiley Mad

EDIT:  Hmm, strange, I decided to try again this morning, and it let me cancel online.  I tried five different times last night, and every time I clidked the "yes I want to cancel" button, it would say something to the effect of "we're sorry to see you go, but you need to call customer service".  This morning I clicked the same button, and got a form to fill out to ay why I wanted to leave, then it processed the cancellation.

Message 23 of 48
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@OlegWasHere wrote:

was easy to unsubscribe.

took all of two seconds. 

on day 8 of 10 btw 

got an email instantly. 

I just tried using that link... it gives me an offer for $2 off, I click the button that says I still want to cancel, then it takes me to a screen that says I need to call them.  But conveniently, it is after hours for them.   I had read a review that you could cancel by sending them an email, but when I try to do that, it takes me to that same screen that ultimately tells me to call them, but they aren't open.  Tomorrow is my 10th day, and I have a very hectic day tomorrow.  I'd really rather not have to deal with chatting with customer service tomorrow.  Is there any other avenue?  Smiley Mad

EDIT:  Hmm, strange, I decided to try again this morning, and it let me cancel online.  I tried five different times last night, and every time I clidked the "yes I want to cancel" button, it would say something to the effect of "we're sorry to see you go, but you need to call customer service".  This morning I clicked the same button, and got a form to fill out to ay why I wanted to leave, then it processed the cancellation.

maybe its only business hours that you can do that? 

i did it at about this time 1030pm east coast time which would be 730 in california. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 24 of 48
stacyjuhl
Visitor

I just had to call to cancel too - it was during business hours and after another offer of a lower price, the CSM took care of it.
Message 25 of 48
melbaro
New Contributor

I signed up for the 10 day trial on the 11th and cancelled it via the link provided yesterday afternoon (12th) without a problem. However, I am seeing a "pending" $1 charge on my card from the 11th. Does this drop off or will it post on the 10th day as $14.95?

Thank you for your help! Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 48
apandabear
Regular Contributor

That should drop off. That's just a "test" charge to make sure you didn't give them a bogus credit card when you signed up for the free trial.

Did you receive confirmation that your account is canceled? 

2009-10 - C/Os
2011 - Debts paid, no open credit
2012 - Rebuilding started, secured cards opened, SL rehabbed - EQ myFICO 636
2014 - 10k Discover, 3.5k Freedom, AmEx Green, SL, Auto Loan - EQ myFICO 695
Message 27 of 48
melbaro
New Contributor

Yes I did...literally as soon as I hit the "submit" button. Thank you for your help! Smiley Happy

Message 28 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I made registration with filling some kind of form.

I want to cancel my acc the same way. I hate talking to phone and this is very wrong to made people to call so they cancel their registration or they will be charged.

Very very bad approach for me ! When I succeed to cancel my trial I will never come back

Message 29 of 48
gettnthere
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

I made registration with filling some kind of form.

I want to cancel my acc the same way. I hate talking to phone and this is very wrong to made people to call so they cancel their registration or they will be charged.

Very very bad approach for me ! When I succeed to cancel my trial I will never come back

UMM....ok....cya

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 30 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.