cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFico is a rip off

tag
supermathisman177

MyFico is a rip off

I got the ten day trial.     I guess I cancelled too late.  Now they are charging me for 3 months.   They wont let me cancl.  Website is not clear and misleading.      Also I got info from another credit monitoring bureau that indicated that MYFICO was hurting my scores, because their inquires  were being charged as hard inquiries.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: MyFico is a rip off

So when did you cancel ~ after the 10 days?

Pulling your own report via MyFICO or any other CMS will never lower your FICO score.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 10
p-
Valued Contributor

@supermathisman177 wrote:

I got the ten day trial.     I guess I cancelled too late.  Now they are charging me for 3 months.   They wont let me cancl.  Website is not clear and misleading.      Also I got info from another credit monitoring bureau that indicated that MYFICO was hurting my scores, because their inquires  were being charged as hard inquiries.

It's a trap.  Duh.  The fine print expressly states "I bet you three months service charge that you'll forget to cancel".  

That's how free trials work.  And checking your own report is never a hard inquiry.  If you are concerned that it is, pull a free report from annualcreditreport.com.

My advice:  Call the customer service number and explain that you meant to cancel, but forgot.  Don't be an A-Hxxxx about it, be nice.  Because that's what happened.  They don't have to cancel it for you... obviously you agreed to the 3 months, but if you are nice maybe they will let you slide.  

Also, lots of useful info here for free.  Take advantage of it.

Message 3 of 10
sethr
Visitor

THE RIPOFF is that you CANNOT just by a score.  There is AWAYS a "package."

I do NOT want my report every month.  I know what is going on.  I want to just buy a score for say $5.95.  Why not ALL THREE scores only?  for, say $15.

They would still make money.

This is NOT a service--this is a commercial scam.

Message 4 of 10
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@sethr wrote:

THE RIPOFF is that you CANNOT just by a score.  There is AWAYS a "package."

I do NOT want my report every month.  I know what is going on.  I want to just buy a score for say $5.95.  Why not ALL THREE scores only?  for, say $15.

They would still make money.

This is NOT a service--this is a commercial scam.

You can definately buy scores from other websites, but FICO scores from this website have a pre-determined price, as the owner of the algorithm expects to be paid when his algorithm is used.

I always purchase the Suze Orman Kit which comes with 3 reports and scores.   I don't use them all at once, I use one at a time, a few months apart. 

I'm also enrolled in a Credit Monitoring Service that gives me free reports every day, along with 3 scores. I know that these scores are not "real" FICOs and that no lenders use them, but its still a nice way to keep track of what's in my report and to look for suspicious activity.

Ilecs has written a very useful guide on credit monitoring services that can be found under General Credit Topics

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 5 of 10
acchokiefan
New Visitor

I think it's a ripoff. I paid what I thought was a one time $19.95 REPORT. I got a score and nothing else.mis there a place to look at a report? If so please pm me ( mod edit)  Shre would appreciate it.

Personal email addresses are not allowed on myFICO. ~Lexie, myFICO Moderator

Message 6 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@acchokiefan wrote:

I think it's a ripoff. I paid what I thought was a one time $19.95 REPORT. I got a score and nothing else.mis there a place to look at a report? If so please pm me ( mod edit)  Shre would appreciate it.

Personal email addresses are not allowed on myFICO. ~Lexie, myFICO Moderator

You have to log into your account to view your report. Go to "My Account" in the top right hand corner.

Screenshot 2014-05-12 19.00.13.png

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I ordered my Fico 3- report credit score. I was immediatley locked out of my account. I called in the next day. They said I was not locked out (or there would be prompter questions)-- go home and try again. I tried again. Still locked out. I sent an email. When I got home, it was after hours, so I had to wait another day to call.

I called today--at least they agreed I am locked out. When I got in I only recieved two reports, one of my scores was 65 points lower than my bureau score!  That is nowhere near the advertised "in the same area as".  The other available score was 26 points higher than the other one.

As to obtaining the third report, Fico said call Experiean as to why you can't recieve it. I called Experian. They said I had to order a credit report from them first in order to "activate" a membership before Fico can obtain my credit report with them!  Nice scam goin!   In order to get a Fico report, I haave to get a fresh credit report from the bureaus, which is worthless!

Since Fico CLEARLY KNOWS THIS FROM THE START, this is is a hand-in-hand scam with the bureaus--but we knew the credit bureas and the "proprietary" FICO scoring system was a scam all along, didn't we?

Don't buy! It doesn't aid you, and if you haven't had a recent credit report, you will have to buy IT also, doubling your money costs.

TinWhistler

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I just bought the three reports for $15.95 each with the discount code last night. However, I couldn't pull any score from the site. After I purchased, I went to my member center. It will liste out:

Action Required

Date Purchased Product Description Quantity Action

8/8/2014 7:17:19 PMFICO® Standard – Equifax1Fulfill Now
8/8/2014 7:17:19 PMFICO® Standard – Experian1Fulfill Now
8/8/2014 7:17:19 PMFICO® Standard – TransUnion1Fulfill Now

I clicked on one of the button and it led me to a page asking for my SSN. I entered my SSN and but it will keep saying that my SSN is already in the account and I need to login again or call Customer Representative. So I enter my SSN again after the loading, and it will loop forever. I called Customer service last night and she asked me to use it later this morning but it is still not working. I haven't received any email message yet from a customer representative. Is it because of the weekend? They said, if I don't use them, them will be expired by the end of the day but I couldn't use them at all. All together cost me $47.85. I will call the customer service to refund my purchase and try again if that is possible. I tried all different browsers, just in case and nothing works.

UPDATES: (8/19/2014)

I know why it is not working now. I have an old account few years back with my SS# tied to it thus this current account cannot be used to purchase any FICO products to avoid duplicate. I tried to ask them to remove the other account and use this account instead as my primary but no help. Anyway, I bought my FICO score using that same old account and use this account for myFICO forum. Before you buy any score, please check for discount. Instead of paying $19.95, you can get each score for only $15.95. Apologize for the late updates. Actually I was being promised to get three free reports from a rep through the phone call but that didn't happen a day later. Oh well.

Message 9 of 10
Mortalito77
Regular Contributor

Hello,

Thank you for the information, I was just about to sign up for this service online. I am glad I read some of these comments before I did. Well, you mentioned that you are enrolled in a free monitoring service that gives you 3 reports and scores?? I was hoping if you could share where did you sign up so that way I could do the same. Thank you!!

The WorLd Is Yours

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.