Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFico "Cancel Subscription" option not present

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

MyFico "Cancel Subscription" option not present

So I am getting tired of paying $19.95 monthly to see things like PAYING a credit card payment on time causes a credit score DECREASE, etc, etc and just generally micromanaging a score that can't be micromanaged as it's pulled out of the credit industry's collective posteriors. 

I search for how to cancel. Unable to find on my own, I do a google search and get this page: https://www.myfico.com/help/contactus.aspx which appears useful. Right there on that page it clearly states:

To cancel your subscription:

Click on "My Subscriptions" on the right side under "Account Settings"
Find your subscription on the My Subscriptions page
Click on the "cancel my subscription" link and follow the instructions.

I go there. There's no "cancel my subscription" link. Instead, it demands that I call a customer service number!

Talk about crooked behavior.... 

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: MyFico "Cancel Subscription" option not present

Good news is I subscribed through PayPal.

Off I go to PayPal to cancel authorization for any further payments. Glad I didn't use a credit card or bank directly. 

Message 2 of 30
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

You know, I've had the same problem when I tried to follow cancellation instructions. I've also heard horror stories about being online endlessly with MyFico reps.

So when I decided to cancel my own 3 Bureau monitoring the other day, I was freaked out expecting the worst. But I just used the regular "contact us" link, chose the option for "billing question," then told them what I wanted. Within a few hours I heard back and it was done. Try that and good luck.

Message 3 of 30
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Good news is I subscribed through PayPal.

Off I go to PayPal to cancel authorization for any further payments. Glad I didn't use a credit card or bank directly. 

Oh, don't do it that way! Not only are there simpler ways to end yor subscription, but you don't want to be breaking a contract with MyFico. I've never heard of them reporting late payments or sending to collection agencies but just don't risk hurting yourself by being hasty and dumb, okay?

Message 4 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd like to see them try to add a derog for not continuing a subscription. The whole point of the PayPal cancellation optio is to deal with shady vendors like this.

Also, web subscriptions like this are prepay service, not postpay. You pay for service, then you get it. Bills such as cell, electric, cable, etc are postpay service. You use the service *then* you pay. You can't really go after someone for not prepaying for service, as they don't actually receive any service because they didn't pay for it. 

Message 5 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'd like to see them try to add a derog for not continuing a subscription. The whole point of the PayPal cancellation optio is to deal with shady vendors like this.

Also, web subscriptions like this are prepay service, not postpay. You pay for service, then you get it. Bills such as cell, electric, cable, etc are postpay service. You use the service *then* you pay. You can't really go after someone for not prepaying for service, as they don't actually receive any service because they didn't pay for it. 

Lol at calling Fico shady...let me ask you, how long have you had the service?  If it's less than 3 months, you can't cancel.  If beyond three months, I'm sure you can cancel without doing in the manner that you are discussing, if you haven't already done so?

Message 6 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Lol at calling Fico shady...let me ask you, how long have you had the service?  If it's less than 3 months, you can't cancel.  If beyond three months, I'm sure you can cancel without doing in the manner that you are discussing, if you haven't already done so?

I agree.. Nothing shady.  Just call and cancel as it states.. Simple and easy as that.

Message 7 of 30
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

MyFico is hardly perfect, but shady vendor? Are you kidding? When all they did was not give you a clear or convenient enough way to cancel? It took me less than five minutes to cancel my monitoring. All I had to do was send an online message. Other people call.

You may be absolutely right that you won't get a derog from walking away without canceling, but one day you may hurt yourself with that tactic, and for what? Being too impatient to take an extra step to make sure all the i's are dotted and all the t's crossed. Not worth it. Do it the right way if you can.

Message 8 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gunnar419 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

MyFico is hardly perfect, but shady vendor? Are you kidding? When all they did was not give you a clear or convenient enough way to cancel? It took me less than five minutes to cancel my monitoring. All I had to do was send an online message. Other people call.

You may be absolutely right that you won't get a derog from walking away without canceling, but one day you may hurt yourself with that tactic, and for what? Being too impatient to take an extra step to make sure all the i's are dotted and all the t's crossed. Not worth it. Do it the right way if you can.

I don't think he means it due to the site not having a easy way out. He means it that this service plainly put SUCKS! Should have listened to others that were having problems with that crappy service. Credit Karma is way better for monitoring. These theives nickle and dime you to death, and the beswt is that after I canceled the 3B monthly subscription, they also blocked 3 other orders I had already paid for and they were my essentially my property. Becuase I cancelled the serivce, they decided to also block prior paid pulls, which weren't cheap! Shady is an understatement, and they are thieves to me. 

Message 9 of 30
Rhino71
Valued Member

And I was just about to get my subscription started, glad I read this.

Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.