Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Name Change?

tag
Mutt
Valued Member

Name Change?

Last month I ordered Equifax and Experian through myFICO and TransUnion from their site and my first name was spelled correctly on all three. This month I ordered all three reports through myFICO and suddenly both my Equifax and TransUnion reports have my first name misspelled. Didn't really bother much until I went to file an Equifax dispute and couldn't because of misspelled first name. Now I have to provide a host of documents proving who I am. I checked my profile here and my first name is spelled correctly. How does this happen? Who enters our names on the credit reports?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Name Change?

Somewhere along the way a creditor you applied for and/or an account was opened via a new creditor which had your name incorrectly misspelled. I'm largely out of the credit loop but I remember back in the day your full EX report from Experian.com (or annualcreditreport) will show identifier numbers next to each credit account and inquiry. It also showed identifier numbers next to each name variation. With that info you can pair up which creditor botched your name. 

Message 2 of 3
Mutt
Valued Member

Re: Name Change?

Thanks for your response llecs, didn't see any of the identifiers on my EX reports I ordered from experian.com. Time to start fax'n info Smiley Frustrated

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.