Frequent Contributor

Re: New Design?

moved to own thread

CARDS: CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER 10K | NORDSTROM STORE CARD 2K
Message 11 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

EW800 - Yes, you are correct. We'll be working to fix that UI "oops" here shortly. Cat Happy

Message 12 of 24
Lensman

This new design is much slower and very cumbersome.  I know new things take time to get adjusted to; but in my opinion, some things really need to be fixed.  

Here are two examples for improvement:  

1.  FICO Score Timeline:  Please make it so the "zoom" settings I have chosen stay that way.  Even better, add the option to select "past three months - past six months - past year".  That would be great!  As it is now, each time I click to a different page the zoom level reverts back to a long history.  This long history is not very usable.  Those big yellow dots are an eyesore and get in the way of each other.  Maybe make smaller dots that give you more information if you hover over them.  

2.  On the "alerts" page:  Instead of just the arrow pointing up or down with the number representing the score change - why don't you show us the actual score?  Give us the previous and new score right there in that row.  Don't make us click that plus sign to see that info.  

Thank you.  

Message 13 of 24
wilee
Contributor

I previously had a $98 credit card balance and just received an alert for a balance decrease of $98. That same alert shows a balance of $98. The old alerts show a decrease from "X" to "Y". Is that functionality gone in the new and "improved" model?

Message 14 of 24
Mshellt
New Contributor

I miss the "what does it mean to you?" link...It was a link that displayed my credit rating along side my likely percentage rate for a mortgage or auto loan. Has that feature been discontinued or is it in a different location?

Starting Score: 630
Current Score:Equifax: 776 TransUnion: 746 Experian: 747

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 24
karin_tansey

@wilee wrote:

I previously had a $98 credit card balance and just received an alert for a balance decrease of $98. That same alert shows a balance of $98. The old alerts show a decrease from "X" to "Y". Is that functionality gone in the new and "improved" model?

I'm not sure I understand. I just went in and checked one of my alerts pre-new design and post-new design and compared them side by side. Neither version of the alert for the balance decrease showed me a decrease from "x to y" in the alert title. However, when I look in the NEW UI's alert details, I see

ACCOUNT BALANCE

$1,199   $736

When I look in the OLD alert's details, I see in the details of the alert, I see....

Previously reportedNewly reported
Account balance:$X,XXX$YYY

If I am not undertanding your concern properly, I'm sorry. Can you explain it again or maybe include some visuals (with private info blacked/fuzzed out)?
Thanks!

Message 16 of 24
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

@karin_tansey wrote:

@wilee wrote:

I'm not sure I understand. I just went in and checked one of my alerts pre-new design and post-new design and compared them side by side. Neither version of the alert for the balance decrease showed me a decrease from "x to y" in the alert title. However, when I look in the NEW UI's alert details, I see

ACCOUNT BALANCE

$1,199   $736

When I look in the OLD alert's details, I see in the details of the alert, I see....

If I am not undertanding your concern properly, I'm sorry. Can you explain it again or maybe include some visuals (with private info blacked/fuzzed out)?
Thanks!

The previous guide on score watch states 

Reasons why you may not receive a Score Watch alert

Changes that don’t trigger Score Alerts or Credit Alerts:

• A balance decrease won’t trigger a Credit Alert.
  • The removal of an item from the credit report will not trigger a Credit Alert.
  • During the 7-10 days between Score Alert checks (when there are no Credit Alerts), the score can change multiple times between these Score Alert checks and the monitoring system won’t be aware of them – resulting in some score changes occurring without Score Alerts being generated.
  • Changes that that are not specifically listed in the table below will not trigger an alert.

Are you saying that it previously provided alerts for decreases even though the guide said it wouldn't? Of course the guide is update from 2011.

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lensman wrote:

This new design is much slower and very cumbersome.  I know new things take time to get adjusted to; but in my opinion, some things really need to be fixed.  

Here are two examples for improvement:  

1.  FICO Score Timeline:  Please make it so the "zoom" settings I have chosen stay that way.  Even better, add the option to select "past three months - past six months - past year".  That would be great!  As it is now, each time I click to a different page the zoom level reverts back to a long history.  This long history is not very usable.  Those big yellow dots are an eyesore and get in the way of each other.  Maybe make smaller dots that give you more information if you hover over them.  

2.  On the "alerts" page:  Instead of just the arrow pointing up or down with the number representing the score change - why don't you show us the actual score?  Give us the previous and new score right there in that row.  Don't make us click that plus sign to see that info.  

Thank you.  

Thanks for the detailed feedback. For item #1, there are some limitations with the specific library used to build that view so that may not be possible, but some of the filtering may be an enhancement we can add sometime in the future. As for your second item, I have passed that along to our UI designer for consideration and review. :cathappy:

Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mshellt wrote:

I miss the "what does it mean to you?" link...It was a link that displayed my credit rating along side my likely percentage rate for a mortgage or auto loan. Has that feature been discontinued or is it in a different location?

That feature now resides within the Savings center: http://www.myfico.com/SavingsCenter/Credit-Cards.aspx?qsid=Cards_All_Site_Nav1 -- then click on Mortgages link in the top nav. This will show you the current mortgate rates according to Informa Research Services. This tool is also more specific in that you can configure it to the state for the loan's origination and a specific loan amount. I hope that helps. :cathappy:

Message 19 of 24
wilee
Contributor

@karin_tansey wrote:

@wilee wrote:

ACCOUNT BALANCE

$1,199   $736

Thanks!

What you posted for the new UI is what I see for alerts that were generated prior to the change. It seems that the new alerts are only displaying the old balance. This appears to be a backend change.

Balance decrease Alert on August 1, 2014:

• ACCOUNT BALANCE
  • $X,XXX $X,XXX

Balance decrease Alert on August 24, 2014:

• ACCOUNT BALANCE
  • $XX
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.