Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Information Needed, please

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Product Information Needed, please

This may sound like a dumb question to some people but I have searched and can't find the answer anywhere.

My free score watch is getting ready to expire in about 10 days and I have enjoyed the score watch product.  However, my budget won't allow me to spend $89 all at once for the annual product.

I would like to keep score watch but feel the $8.95 monthly fee would be easier to swallow, even though it would cost more money over the course of 12 months.

How do I go about changing my product?  Do I just cancel now before my credit card is charged and turn right around and sign up for the monthly product?

Thanks,
jan
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Product Information Needed, please

I signed my wife up under the free trial period and cancelled before they could charge the card. I then resigned her under the monthly plan. It was easy and her information (scores, report, etc.) remained on her account after I resigned her.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was easier than I thought.  After waiting quite awhile for a real person, I explained that I couldn't afford the one time fee and asked if I could convert it to a monthly.  myFico was very accomodating and said it would be no problem.  She even said the first charge wouldn't start until the date my free trial offer expired. 
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm glad you asked about this. I was getting cold feet about the $89 fee, but the $8.90 something a month sounds a lot better, plus it will give me a little more time to use the service and see if it works for me (it says you need to be on 3 months minimum with that service).
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called today to see if I could change. The lady was nice, but said I'd have to wait until the trial period was over, and couldn't switch now. Unfortunately, this was not feasible and I decided to terminate my myFICO account. Sorry FairIssac; this was just too much weirdness, and I've been spooked by people here who spoke about waiting a long time to see account updates.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im so sorry that the customer service representative at myfico.com misinformed you but you could of changed your annual sw trial subscription to a monthly subscription before the free trial expired.  You can go back out to the myfico.com website, log into your account with your log in name & password & repurchase the score watch subscription on the monthly option for $8.95 a month.  Also for your inconvenience here is a promotional code that you can use for 10% off any purchases you make at myfico.com,  it is in all capital letters and it is all one word FICO6090.  This code can be used more than once so you are welcome to share that with friends & family as well.  Sorry for the inconvenience but I hope this helps.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.