Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulling My Credit Score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pulling My Credit Score

When I pull/order my credit score (mysefl via myFico account). Is this considered a hard pull, a soft pull or none of the above? Can I pull my score (myself via myFico account) every three months w/out it affecting my credit score or will it affect my credit score?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Pulling My Credit Score

You can pull your credit report, esp. through myFICO, without any hard inquiries or damage to your score. I use a credit monitoring service and pull a new report about 20x/mo. I pull our FICO scores and reports from myFICO about 2-4x/mo. And I pull our credit reports directly from each CRA quarterly.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you pull your credit report that many times per month do you have to pay all them times,

also how often do you see a different in your credit report per month.

o one more thing what web site would I go to to pull my credit report and around how much will it cost.

Message 3 of 7
wowchad
New Contributor

BUMP

I'd like to know also. Right now the most recent "SCORE POWER" is from back in May.

I have a year subscription and would like to know where I stand with Equifax as of right now.

I purchased my Transunion score today and it's 694 whooo hooo!!! Smiley Very Happy

I actually think I can answer some of lovesista questions though. When you buy the Score Watch® service through MyFICO (about $90 per year) you'll be able to get your score and report for free.

As a subscriber it says

A new Score Power includes:
  • Your FICO® score from Equifax, as of today.
  • Your complete, up-to-date Equifax credit report.
  • Up-to-date information for your FICO® score simulator

I just don't know the ramifications of updating it multiple times per month. I don't really need my report that often, I just want my current score. How often can I update that? And do I always have to get an actual credit report?

Message 4 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

SW includes two score power reports per year. I think you have to use one when you sign up. The score doesn't update, other than through alerts. If you want a new report, you can use the remaining free report or purchase a new one via the $10.95 discount that comes with being a SW subscriber. You can pull your CR as many times as you want without any negative impact to your score or report.
Message 5 of 7
wowchad
New Contributor

@llecs wrote:
You can pull your credit report, esp. through myFICO, without any hard inquiries or damage to your score. I use a credit monitoring service and pull a new report about 20x/mo. I pull our FICO scores and reports from myFICO about 2-4x/mo. And I pull our credit reports directly from each CRA quarterly.

Two quick questions then.

Based on the above quoted post how do you pull your reports thru myFICO so often, 2-4x/mo?

(I'm guessing when you pull them quarterly you're paying for them.)

Also I just purchased my TU report today and paid $12.76, and that was only low by using a promo code...how do I get that $10.95 discounted price?

Message 6 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Whenever I buy a new report, for TU, I use "FICO Standard" (found at bottom of this page) and go the same route you do with the discount code to lower the price to $12 something. For EQ, assuming I don't have any free reports to use, I will go on the products page and click on my ScoreWatch subscription. There is a box on the right-hand side that mentions how many ScorePower reports I have left. I usually don't have any to use, of course, but it will mention that I can buy a new EQ report at the discounted price of $10.95. Unfortunately you can't use a discount code at checkout, but is a $5 savings per report anyway. I pull it so often because I am a junkie. Plus DW and I are going to buy our first home soon and are squeeking out every last point we can squeek out. And I like to learn this stuff and pulling frequently teaches you the value of cause and effect.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.