Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about number of accts. on 3b report

tag
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Question about number of accts. on 3b report

I have 47 accts.  (open & closed combined)

Newest MF 3b report shows I have 55 accts.  

Looking for discrepancies I noticed these.....

facts:

Open-  Lowes ($35k AU)

Closed-  Lowes ($4k)

SS of latest report: 

Is Lowes being reported as 4 separate tl's or 2 tl's?

reported separately= 1 tlreported separately= 1 tlreported separately= 1 tlreporting open and closed together= 1 tl

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

Re: Question about number of accts. on 3b report

You definitely got some weirdness going on. Have you pulled your reports from annualcreditreport and compared the reported info from there? If it's the same there, I'd probably reach out to Synchrony as it would seem to be they're being reported incorrectly by them.

Message 2 of 9
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@JoeRockhead 

ACR, CK, EXP, True identity, Wallethub, and MyEquifax are correct.  

I know MF reports inquiries differently, only 12 months instead of 24, so I wasn't sure how they tally Tl's.  I lost all my archived 3b reports here to compare with. It's been a hot minute since I purchased one.

Message 3 of 9
GZG
Valued Contributor

you can only know from your official reports at: https://www.annualcreditreport.com/index.action 

like every other credit report aggregator, even FICO 3b reports sometimes misrepresent/mistakenly represent what their computers read in a way a human never would 

@GApeachy wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

@JoeRockhead 

ACR, CK, EXP, True identity, Wallethub, and MyEquifax are correct.  

I know MF reports inquiries differently, only 12 months instead of 24, so I wasn't sure how they tally Tl's.  I lost all my archived 3b reports here to compare with. It's been a hot minute since I purchased one.

if ACR is correct, you're good. 

I would consider reaching out to MyFico support and see if they have anything to say/are willing to help 

Starting FICO 8:

Current FICO 8:

3/6, 5/12, 14/24

Message 4 of 9
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@GApeachy If you have 47 accounts. Why does it say 4? Theres another blip on your account.

stat.JPG

Message 5 of 9
GApeachy
Super Contributor

I typed in search box of cr "Lowe's"  to show the.  Number of Lowe's accts they have listed. 

Message 6 of 9
GZG
Valued Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

@GApeachy If you have 47 accounts. Why does it say 4? Theres another blip on your account.

stat.JPG

when you filter by any of the sorting functionality, the accounts number on the left updates dynamically

image.png

image.png

Starting FICO 8:

Current FICO 8:

3/6, 5/12, 14/24

Message 7 of 9
GApeachy
Super Contributor

The accounts that aged off my credit report over the past couple of years are not listed on this credit report so it's not that.

I see a couple of other discrepancies that may contribute to the higher number of accounts on my credit report, one being Home Depot. 

Since it doesn't appear to be normal, I think I'll give them a call and maybe and get a new report pulled and see what it shows as far as those two trade lines and double check to make sure I hadn't missed anything else.

Message 8 of 9
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@FireMedic1   This Search Box:

TL Search box MF 3b cr.png

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.