Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about using myFico

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Questions about using myFico

#1 will this create an inquiry if I buy the monthly subscription?

#2 it says quarterly access, does that mean I will only get an update every 3 months? If so do I have to do a pull of my fico score on my own to get a current score?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
DollyLama
Established Contributor

Re: Questions about using myFico

@Anonymous wrote:

#2 it says quarterly access, does that mean I will only get an update every 3 months? If so do I have to do a pull of my fico score on my own to get a current score?

# 1 No it will not. It will not be seen by any creditor, lender. 

#2 A quarterly will give you some alerts when revolvers are mostly reported, and yes it would be every 3 months. It's a subscription, so you "redeem" your free report then. (They send a email when your report is ready to redeem that day). 3B is all three bureaus and all scores, not just FICO 8, but mortgage scores. 1B, is just for one particular bureau. 

You can access free FICO 8 scores from certain revolvers, depending on the CC you have. Credit Wise, Credit Karma and such are scores that are Vantage Scores, not to be misconstrued as FICO 8, and are gauged on different scoring factors, but not really used by lenders. 

It would be important if you are anticipating obtaining a mortgage, where you need your score as optimal as possible.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

As Dolly suggests, if you tell us whether you might be buying a house and if so when, we can guide you toward the best credit monitoring solution for you.

If you are not planning to buy a house, the best approach may be one that uses free or ultra low cost tools to get frequent reports and FICO 8 scores.

Message 3 of 6
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

1. No it doesn't create a HP.

2. You get a full update every 3 months.

3. You receive frequent alerts, and your FICO 8 scores update frequently, usually with a short 1-2 day time lag.

The service costs $30 mo + tax; for $40 mo + tax you get the full updates monthly instead of quarterly.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 4 of 6
CAS2019
Frequent Contributor

Just a PSA, MyFICO is not taxable in some states.  😉

Starting Score: 784
Current Score: 784
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Club Member" border="0" width="50" height="67" align="right">

Message 5 of 6
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@CAS2019 wrote:

Just a PSA, MyFICO is not taxable in some states.  😉

It will be, one of these days https://hypepotamus.com/community/supreme-court-sales-tax-ecommerce-saas-companies/

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.