Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund of Subscription!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Refund of Subscription!

I was just charged today $29.95 for a monthly subscription and I called today to cancel and was told I can't get a refund! I called my bank and was told that the transaction is still pending and it should be able to be cancelled by MyFico. I have been a customer for many years and I feel requesting a refund for a subscription that I no longer need at this time and requesting the cancellation same day, especially when the transaction is still pending, being told no is not acceptable. I have never had so much problems with cancelling a subscription with any other company. I feel this is a scam. I want my refund. It is not right how they treat customers that have been with them for many years. Any help or suggestions?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Refund of Subscription!

lol, myfico subscription is not a scam. 

Why would you call and cancel on the same day if you had plenty of time to cancel.  Did you not know the renew was coming? since you've been with them for so many years? 

Relax, breath and talk to a supervisor.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did and he put me on hold and came back to line and said he was a supervisor and they said nothing they can do. My daughter was in an accident and I thought I had cancelled and I was informed I didn't and they couldn't help me. I don't understand if it's not a scam why they aren't able depending on the situation, refund if it isn't even 24hours since it was renewed? That doesn't make any sense. It's not a few days or a few weeks since it auto renewed.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I did and he put me on hold and came back to line and said he was a supervisor and they said nothing they can do. My daughter was in an accident and I thought I had cancelled and I was informed I didn't and they couldn't help me. I don't understand if it's not a scam why they aren't able depending on the situation, refund if it isn't even 24hours since it was renewed? That doesn't make any sense. It's not a few days or a few weeks since it auto renewed.

Sorry about your daughter's accident. 

Not trying to be rude here because i'm not but, just my $0.02 cents, we always have plenty of time to cancel.  If you thought you did, why didn't you call back and confirm. Sorry it didnt work out.  A least you have another month of service :-)

Don't forget to cancel now before it happens again.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Making you pay for a subscription that is no longer wanted after trying to cancel same day, to me, is a scam, trying to get an extra payment. I am far from the only person who has left several complaints about this. Having a grace period of a day or two is not unreasonable. Life happens. The customer service is horrible and sounds like they are reading a script from saying the same thing over and over to anyone who calls about this issue. People should be aware what will happen, if life happens, and you call same day. But was told if the day falls on a holiday or weekend they could refund! Anyone else.. Too bad.
Message 5 of 8
Cindy_FICO
Administrator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Making you pay for a subscription that is no longer wanted after trying to cancel same day, to me, is a scam, trying to get an extra payment. I am far from the only person who has left several complaints about this. Having a grace period of a day or two is not unreasonable. Life happens. The customer service is horrible and sounds like they are reading a script from saying the same thing over and over to anyone who calls about this issue. People should be aware what will happen, if life happens, and you call same day. But was told if the day falls on a holiday or weekend they could refund! Anyone else.. Too bad.

Hi, 

Our cancellation policy states, "Your subscription will automatically renew monthly at $29.95 unless you cancel. You may cancel at any time; however refunds are not available." 

The subscription was renewed yesterday. We'll provide a one-time refund and reverse the charge, but please be aware that our cancellation policy does not allow for refunds. 

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Always read the fine print Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Cindy_FICO, my subscription was deducted from my bank today for $32.42. I cancelled my subscription today as well and was denied a refund when I requested one. Since FICO is capable of providing refunds per above...could you kindly refund my account as well? 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.