Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SW credit alerts-shows 2 entries

tag
oldcreditwoes
Contributor

SW credit alerts-shows 2 entries

Hi, all

this is likely a stupid question, but when I get credit alerts from SW, it shows the same entry twice....I am assuming that this is two separate CRA showing the change that prompted the alert......which two CRA are they?

one is EQ, presumably.....which CRA is the other?

Thanks for any clarification.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Re: SW credit alerts-shows 2 entries

@oldcreditwoes wrote:

Hi, all

this is likely a stupid question, but when I get credit alerts from SW, it shows the same entry twice....I am assuming that this is two separate CRA showing the change that prompted the alert......which two CRA are they?

one is EQ, presumably.....which CRA is the other?

Thanks for any clarification.

Not a stupid question at all, but what you're seeing isn't from a different CRA. It's all EQ. The double alerts usually happen when you've asked SW to alert you when an account balance changes by a certain percentage and also when it changes by a certain dollar amount. When I single account changes by BOTH that percentage and that dollar amount (or more) you get two alerts.

If I'm right about what's happening (and it happens with my SW, too), then you'll only get double alerts where balance changes are involved and not with inquiries, new accounts, or anything else.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.