Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Watch=No Alerts Email

tag
S7
Established Contributor

Score Watch=No Alerts Email

Got my email that said they've monitored all week and there has been no changes...ya know accept for the card that I was added as an AU and is showing on Equifax Complete and Experian. Yeah, no change. hmph

"When you are down in the mouth, remember, everything turned out ok for Jonah."

Current FICO's(by lender) 10/9/12
EX:649, EX:651, TU:683
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
sbeasl11
Regular Contributor

Re: Score Watch=No Alerts Email

+1 I also have had changes that I have clearly seen on my USSA monitoring. Big changes in the FAKO scores. What's up with ScoreWatch? It seemed so fast at first.

Message 2 of 27
S7
Established Contributor

Yeah, it's rather annoying! I don't know if its worth paying for, really. Why pay to get an email saying no changes when i know good and well there are. May be FAKO's on the other sites, but at least they also show the account being added.!

Message 3 of 27
westo12
Established Contributor

I canceled my subscription last week because of this exact reason.
Chap7 discharge 07/2015
Fico 5/1/19: TR:650(73% util)
Cap1(Plat+QS) 3500+4500/Merrick 1600/Express 4100/Overstock 4900.
Message 4 of 27
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@S7 wrote:

Got my email that said they've monitored all week and there has been no changes...ya know accept for the card that I was added as an AU and is showing on Equifax Complete and Experian. Yeah, no change. hmph

I might be wrong, but I don't think you'd receive an alert for added AU accounts. I think SW monitors the "open dates" only and it monitors that date between when the report was last monitored and the latest monitoring date (e.g. week to week, report to week). So, if that open date is outside that time frame it is monitored (the week), then no alert. Now you could get a score alert provided that the new score surpassed or hit your target score. However, adding an AU can easily increase, drop, or keep your scores the same.

Message 5 of 27
S7
Established Contributor

I was told that if it has a long clean history, that it would increase the score. And as we all know, dear ol' Experian is a FAKO, but it did show an increase. 

Message 6 of 27
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@S7 wrote:

I was told that if it has a long clean history, that it would increase the score. And as we all know, dear ol' Experian is a FAKO, but it did show an increase. 

It's always a YMMV-thing. If the card...

...is older than your AAoA, and if your AAoA increases by a year or nmore, then you could possibly see an increase.

....is younger than your AAoA, and if your AAoA decreases by a year or more (remember, FICO rounds down), then you could see a decrease.

....helps your CC util, then there's a potential for an increase.

....hurts your CC util, then there's a potential for a decrease.

....becomes your oldest reported revolving and/or your oldest overall then there's a potential for an increase.

....helps your mix, assuming you only have one or two CCs now, then there's a potential for an increase.

....reports a balance, then there's a potential for a decrease (due to adding one more TL w/ a balance).

....has any late or derog comment showing, then there's a potential for a decrease.

....was recently opened (inside a year), then there's a potential for a decrease.

....has a dispute comment showing then there's a potential for a score change once that comment clears.

....and others.

Combine the above together and oyu can have a mixed bag where a score change, if any at all, is concerned. And that's assuming it's reporting to EQ at this point. Add 7 days to the exact day it reported to EQ and that starts the clock for any potential increase, decrease, or possibly zero score change at all. Your score is monitored weekly and if your target score is correctly set, then you'll get alerted within a week of that first reporting assuming your score changed and hit that target.

Message 7 of 27
S7
Established Contributor

Okie doke.

It was opened in 2003, made it my oldest account, of 9.2years,and the average of  7.6yrs.

Before the adding of it, my only kind of credit on my report was an auto loan that is current,and for some reason only showing up on EQ and TU, but the CC is on all 3 CRA and this CC is only at 3% Util. With a CL of $12,000. It also has a perfect payment history.

Message 8 of 27
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@S7 wrote:

Okie doke.

It was opened in 2003, made it my oldest account, of 9.2years,and the average of  7.6yrs.

Before the adding of it, my only kind of credit on my report was an auto loan that is current,and for some reason only showing up on EQ and TU, but the CC is on all 3 CRA and this CC is only at 3% Util. With a CL of $12,000. It also has a perfect payment history.

I think it would help as your oldest TL, and oldest revolving. Depends how recent your second oldest is for each.

Your mix is greatly improved and bonus points for that.

The added balance doesn't help, but I think you'd see a net improvement by quite a few points.

What day did it report to EQ?

Message 9 of 27
S7
Established Contributor

Equifax Complete shows the report date as 9/22.   

And on EX, it shows the CC as the only tradeline, the autoloan isn't on it. (the autoloan was opened in May, a balance of $10,762, and never late). 

The balance on the CC is $389, and like I said, EX has that as the only tradeline that I have.

Now, on EQ and TU, I had an autoloan opened in 3/12,but had 2 major problems with the vehicle and the dealership got us out of it and into another vehicle, and the lender paid off the first loan and it shows as a $0 balance, and opened us the 2nd loan in 5/12, which has the above mentioned balance, and again, EX doesn't show either of them.  Not sure if I should contac the lender to ask if they will report the auto to EX, if it would help or hurt??

Thank you for your advice, by the way! Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.