Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Watch is not working.

tag
907grown
Established Contributor

Re: Score Watch is not working.

If this cant be fixed, stop offering it!!!

Starting Score: 460
Current Score: EQ 764, TU 764, EX 740,
BOA AK AIR 30,000, Discover IT 6300, Freedom 25,300, Barclays RMC 15,660, Ring 15,000, BCE 15,000, QS17,000,AARP 15,000, ChaseFU 8,000,AND A LOT MORE!
Message 21 of 61
Peter1142
Established Contributor

It's official, I just got a no score watch alerts email despite a new account. It doesn't work for me in the slightest. I know I am kind of beating a dead horse here, but I keep hoping it'll start working. I give up, I am cancelling right now. Does anyone know if Equifax's FICO score product which seems to be exactly the same works any better?

Message 22 of 61
BaileyCakes

Wonder if this is why I haven't gotten any alerts. I've paid off a cc via balance transfer, naturally the other card has an increase, and I've gotten two credit limit increases.

I should get alerts for all that right? I have my alerts set for notifications at the lowest amount changes.
Message 23 of 61
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@BaileyCakes wrote:
Wonder if this is why I haven't gotten any alerts. I've paid off a cc via balance transfer, naturally the other card has an increase, and I've gotten two credit limit increases.

I should get alerts for all that right? I have my alerts set for notifications at the lowest amount changes.

SW won't alert you to CLIs or CLDs.

However, SW will alert you to balance changes. SW will only alert based on the changes to your report and your two CCs will only report once per month. When were your statement dates and did your last statement show these balance changes?

Message 24 of 61
jbrown773
Contributor

I have similar problems, recently I got 2 Collections off and it updated to no change this week and its been over 2 weeks since they were deleted. checking the Credit reports shows them off but my Score watch doesnt change.. im sure in a couple weeks it will randomly update and show me something... 

Starting Score: EQ FICO 582, TU 614, EX 528 9/13
Current Score: EQ FICO 648, TU 678, EX 663
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 25 of 61
Regular Contributor

illecs wrote:

SW won't alert you to CLIs or CLDs.

However, SW will alert you to balance changes. SW will only alert based on the changes to your report and your two CCs will only report once per month. When were your statement dates and did your last statement show these balance changes?

This is very true....but are there any fixes for other problems stated:

1. no text alerts

2. pulling a new report and the score has changed and then rec. alert hours later stating there is a change in score.

I understand that some members may not understand how Score Watch works and I understand when the Mods. explain how Score Watch works.........But how about other problems that cant be explained?

We were told in this same thread that the issues were being looked at per Mike C who wrote  "I have forwarded this chain to the production team. We are looking into these issues with Score Watch and hope to get back to you."  on 10/24/13.

Saying that you "hope" to get back to us does not set well with me,  thats saying we are not sure what the problem is or we hope you go away and forget about the problem.  I dont spend $$$ to be told that "We are looking into these issues with Score Watch and hope to get back to you."  

EQ 7/19/13 796
TU 04/29/13 784
EX 06/17/13 849
28 years credit history
17 years AAoA

CIT $15,900 BEST BUY $11,800 DISCOVER $10,000 LOWES $10,000 SEARS/MC $7,200 BELKS $5,700 JC PENNY $2,400 CHASE $5,900 AMX GOLD PR $NPSL AMX/BCP $11,200 SHELL/CITI/MC $80.00 (LMAO)
Message 26 of 61
Tibhar
New Visitor

I agree!!
Message 27 of 61
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@669 wrote:

I understand that some members may not understand how Score Watch works and I understand when the Mods. explain how Score Watch works.........But how about other problems that cant be explained?

I think there's an assumption that mods have access to your account or can actually see what's happening. Mods don't have that info. Whenever I posted in this board as a mod, and now as an ex-mod, I did/do so because I saw something within the post that could be an explanation to the poster's problem or issue with a given myFICO product. Since everyone's account info is private (and that's a good thing), there's no way to explain an issue without experiencing it ourselves.

Based on your two examples, I've never used the text feature, only because I hate receiving text messages. In your latter example, I too have experienced the same thing but that's because I used to pull my EQ report 2-3-4 times each month. It wasn't uncommon to pull a new report just hours/a day before receiving an alert because I pulled so frequently. I always knew based from how the product worked that credit alerts like balance changes or new inquiries came anywhere from the same day to a day later, and credit alerts for items like dropped accounts or aging came 7-10 days later. I also used to pull all 3 reports every day via a different CMS so I knew exactly what the changes were before I received the alert.

Message 28 of 61
Regular Contributor

llecs

I understand that the Mods have no access to the members accounts, that is a gimme....but as Score watch says:

Alerts via email and mobile (SMS) Receive immediate notification from credit report and credit score monitoring

Be alerted via email and text message when Score Watch credit monitoring detects important changes to your credit report, allowing you to take immediate corrective action to minimize negative impacts to your score. Score Watch’s credit monitoring and credit score monitoring will tell you when:

• there is an increase in an account balance
  • changes in account status, such as a missed payment
  • an account shows new activity after being inactive
  • your FICO Score has reached a target score or may qualify for lower interest rates on loans

If MyFico is going to to advertise the above service and that service is not correct/working then there is a problem that no one ay Myfico has not fixed.  In the past week I have received email alerts that here has been a changed in my report  and i have not recieved a email alert.

As far as a score change I have (2 times) pulled new reports and then received at a latter time an alert that the score has changed,  if Score Watch gives you  an option the set a score to alert you when that score is changed then it should work like Myfico is advertised to work, period.  Not hours after you have pulled a score.

Also I find it hard to believe that Mike C, posted on 10/24/13 that the issue was being looked into and they may have a answer to the problem, and it been 16 days and no respones from any one.

llecs, I am not tring to be hard to get along with, I just want some answers to the questions.

EQ 7/19/13 796
TU 04/29/13 784
EX 06/17/13 849
28 years credit history
17 years AAoA

CIT $15,900 BEST BUY $11,800 DISCOVER $10,000 LOWES $10,000 SEARS/MC $7,200 BELKS $5,700 JC PENNY $2,400 CHASE $5,900 AMX GOLD PR $NPSL AMX/BCP $11,200 SHELL/CITI/MC $80.00 (LMAO)
Message 29 of 61
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I was just answering your question as to why mods won't explain the other problems. They lack that super-mod power of looking into your acct. They can't explain those issues. It might be a phone issue. It might be a phone service issue. It might be a technical issue. It might be a SW issue. I think the only way find out is to give them a buzz. A CSR might be able to access your account and look into those settings. If you already did that and a CSR said it was a SW issue, then you have your answer.

Message 30 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.