Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Watch is not working.

tag
ac921ol
Frequent Contributor

Re: Score Watch is not working.

So how often should SW update??

when Payments are made, and Balances are increased, I understand that, and I set that personally, but how often should my score be updated??

12/28/13 (Garden Start Date)

Message 31 of 61
fittiger
Frequent Contributor

I'm having an issue too. I have an AMEX balance that has changed to $0, statement date was Nov 7th. I've been waiting for SW to update this account and usually does on the 12th of the month. I checked my EQ report through their website on the 13th and it shows that it has been updated on my report. Why is SW still not reflecting this? I've had another account statement close on the 12th and is reporting via SW. Is SW just not going to capture my AMEX alert this month?

This really calls into question the reliability and accuracy of this product and why myFICO is charging $15 a month on a product that doesn't work. I have to wonder if the score being provided is even accurate as the last time I updated my report through SW, my score spontaneously changed over 15 points.

Seriously, what gives? Maybe people are owed refunds or credits towards free reports.
Message 32 of 61
beenjammin
Valued Member

This is exactly why I canceled SW after 6 months. I found the service to be useless as the updates were irregular, inaccurate. There are a handful of free services out there that do a much better job at monitoring and notification. I think the actual Fico score is only necessary when you need to know your score for the purpose of choosing a credit product, regular paid-for monitoring is just unnecessary.

Message 33 of 61
kaskuli
Regular Contributor

Amex statement cut on Tues ... still no alert

$26500 Amex EDP / $20000 Merrill+ / $12000 Chase Sapphire Preferred / $12000 Chase British Airways / $7500 Barclays Arrival+ / $7500 FIA Amex / $7500 Paypal Extras MC / $7000 Chase Freedom / $3500 Discover It
Message 34 of 61
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@kaskuli wrote:

Amex statement cut on Tues ... still no alert

Not surprised. When I had a Green it took Amex & EQ a few days beyond my statement date before they updates, thus resulting in a SW alert.

By how much did your balance change?

Message 35 of 61
kaskuli
Regular Contributor

Went from $296 to $0... Just purchased a TU report and that's even more out of date ... Smiley Sad

$26500 Amex EDP / $20000 Merrill+ / $12000 Chase Sapphire Preferred / $12000 Chase British Airways / $7500 Barclays Arrival+ / $7500 FIA Amex / $7500 Paypal Extras MC / $7000 Chase Freedom / $3500 Discover It
Message 36 of 61
dabrian
Frequent Contributor

Glad I read this thread before wasting money on the product.

NFCU Sig Cash-20k/ Amex BCP-19.4k/ Amex Costco-1.2k/Chase Marriott-12k/CSP-13.4k/ Freedom-5.5k/ Discover IT-14k/NCSECU-5k/Walmart-10k/Lowes-25k
Message 37 of 61
drkaje
Senior Contributor

I think the product is very good for what it is.

Generally: I don't believe it suits people looking for immediate gratification or with a lot of activity on their reports. I write that because a lot of the things people obsess over won't necessarily generate ScoreWatch changes.

I'm reasonably certain my score would be relatively close to the latest update but don't believe SW is real-time, 24/7 monitoring. Based upon having the service a while, I think it scans for updates/changes twice a day. At this point, I'm not curious enough to burn a report because there's no new apps happening. The only thing I'm obsessing over is inquiries falling off and SW would only give an alert if that caused score changes.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 38 of 61
907grown
Established Contributor

Entire trade line removed from all three CR, credit karma told me, credit.com told me, credit sesame told me, where are you myfico, why havent you told me? I checked it was removed from equifax as well......

Starting Score: 460
Current Score: EQ 764, TU 764, EX 740,
BOA AK AIR 30,000, Discover IT 6300, Freedom 25,300, Barclays RMC 15,660, Ring 15,000, BCE 15,000, QS17,000,AARP 15,000, ChaseFU 8,000,AND A LOT MORE!
Message 39 of 61
907grown
Established Contributor

I find it hard to believe that my score has not budged by even a point since December 3. My target score is set to my current score, so it should alert if it fluctuates by even one point. There have been some changes in my credit both of which raised my other ficos...... No alert.... Frustrating.

Starting Score: 460
Current Score: EQ 764, TU 764, EX 740,
BOA AK AIR 30,000, Discover IT 6300, Freedom 25,300, Barclays RMC 15,660, Ring 15,000, BCE 15,000, QS17,000,AARP 15,000, ChaseFU 8,000,AND A LOT MORE!
Message 40 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.