Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ScoreWatch may have saved my mortgage

tag
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

ScoreWatch may have saved my mortgage

I received a SW alert that my score had dropped by 30 points. Discovered that one of my ex's CCs had some lates in May/June and I was an AU on the account, but it had never reported before.  I was able to contact the CC issuer and get it off right away before my final credit pull for my mortgage.

Question, though...it came off AND I paid down a CC to bring util from 22% to 7% and have not had a SW update?  Don't want to pull the trigger on a new report, but I sure would like to see what my score looks like (and, yes, I keep my settings AT the current score). How many days should I let go by?

Starting Score: 10/1/2011 EQ 568 TU 593
Current Score: EQ 664 TU 700 EX 701 (FAKO)

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: ScoreWatch may have saved my mortgage

What day did the AU drop and what day did the balances go down on EQ? I'd give it a week from that point.

Message 2 of 6
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

@llecs wrote:

What day did the AU drop and what day did the balances go down on EQ? I'd give it a week from that point.

Thanks for the advice. The balance went down Saturday, the AU dropped off Sunday (I was backdooring EQ to make sure).  I really hoped I'd see a rebound from that sooner.  Does SW really only monitor weekly?

Message 3 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Yes, if there isn't anything happening on your CR to trigger a credit alert inside that weekly score check.

From the SW Guide found stickied in this board:

Score Alerts – these alerts notify the subscriber of Equifax FICO score changes in a couple of ways. (See table below.) 

• If a Credit Alert is triggered, the latest score is always shown on that alert.
  • When no Credit Alerts are triggered, the scores are monitored every 7-10 days for changes.
Message 4 of 6
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

@llecs wrote:

Yes, if there isn't anything happening on your CR to trigger a credit alert inside that weekly score check.

Score Alerts – these alerts notify the subscriber of Equifax FICO score changes in a couple of ways. (See table below.) 

• If a Credit Alert is triggered, the latest score is always shown on that alert.
  • When no Credit Alerts are triggered, the scores are monitored every 7-10 days for changes.

Need the head-smacking smiley.  Thanks for the info!  I couldn't stand it any longer and went ahead and blew my 2nd pull.  It was WELL worth it as I am now at an all time high of 721!  Woo-flippin'-HOO!  Thanks again MyFICO for an awesome product and community where knowledge is VERY powerful!

Message 5 of 6
gettnthere
Established Contributor

@thankfulheart wrote:

@llecs wrote:

Need the head-smacking smiley.  Thanks for the info!  I couldn't stand it any longer and went ahead and blew my 2nd pull.  It was WELL worth it as I am now at an all time high of 721!  Woo-flippin'-HOO!  Thanks again MyFICO for an awesome product and community where knowledge is VERY powerful!

+1000. and congrats on your new, all time high score!!

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.