Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scorewatch alert, but score on sign in not matching

tag
demi
Established Contributor

Scorewatch alert, but score on sign in not matching

I received a Scorewatch alert a few days ago, but when I sign in my score still shows the old score.  I checked my Equifax and the score watch alert shows it went up to 655...but my sign in page shows 657.  Does this make sense?  OK, looking again, I am wondering if its always like this...do you have to purchase a report for the amount to show the current score in the Equifax box ???
Message Edited by demi on 02-02-2010 03:22 PM

Starting Score: EQ 679, TU 697
Current Score: EQ 680, TU 672
Goal Score: EQ 720, TU 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Scorewatch alert, but score on sign in not matching

This question came up a couple months ago.  It used to be that your latest SW alert would appear in the box at the top of your home page.  Now, it's the score from your last pull of your full credit report.  Look at the date below the score - it should be the date of your last pull.

Why the change?  Apparently, the myFICO folks got feedback from some customers who wanted to be able to access their last credit report more easily, by clicking on the big box at the top.  The fact that you can access your score reports by scrolling down the page didn't matter.

You SW alerts, and your latest score, is still available, but you have to make a couple clicks.  First, click on the "Go" button next to "Score Watch, status ON".  That will take you to your SW page.  Then click on the"FICO score history" tab, and you'll see all your SW alerts, and your latest score.  So you don't have to pull a new credit and score report.

Message 2 of 3
demi
Established Contributor

Re: Scorewatch alert, but score on sign in not matching

Thanks for the explanation, at least I know I am not crazy.  Liked it better the other way...oh well, still able to find it, but to me it makes more sense to see what it is currently. 

Starting Score: EQ 679, TU 697
Current Score: EQ 680, TU 672
Goal Score: EQ 720, TU 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.