Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scorewatch doesn't work

tag
Believe1970
Regular Contributor

Scorewatch doesn't work

Score went up from 611 to 618 because acct was corrected on my credit report over 7 days ago and scorewatch never sent email/alert. This is a joke. Only way to get updates is to pay for them.
Mortgage:

Auto Loan:

Credit Cards:
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Scorewatch doesn't work

What changed on your EQ report?
Message 2 of 7
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@Believe1970 wrote:
Score went up from 611 to 618 because acct was corrected on my credit report over 7 days ago and scorewatch never sent email/alert. This is a joke. Only way to get updates is to pay for them.

Hi Believe...

I've only been a member since August, but...overall...I've been pleased with ScoreWatch. I've had quite a few alerts in that timeframe, and I've never paid for one. The most frustrating part has been trying to figure out which changes on your credit report will generate a ScoreWatch alert. I'm not sure what you mean by an account being corrected, but it may not have been something that generates an alert. There is a thread stickied at the top of this forum that tells what generates an alert.

I agree that ScoreWatch has its frustrations...but hang in there a bit and you may learn to like it. It has taken a lot of patience for me to learn the ins and outs...and I still don't know them all. Just be aware that not every change on your report is meant to alert.

Message 3 of 7
Believe1970
Regular Contributor

I had an account change from charge off/bad debt. It changed my score from 611 to 618 and was not alerted. I think it's a joke and i'm stuck paying three months for something that doesn't work.
Mortgage:

Auto Loan:

Credit Cards:
Message 4 of 7
Believe1970
Regular Contributor

I know but scorewatch is supposed to alert you every week when your score changes and it didn't. Guess it's just frustrating right now. I'm just upset that I have to pay for three months and I don't trust it. Oh well, nothing I can do about it. I'll give it the two months to fix itself.
Mortgage:

Auto Loan:

Credit Cards:
Message 5 of 7
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Believe1970 wrote:
I know but scorewatch is supposed to alert you every week when your score changes and it didn't. Guess it's just frustrating right now. I'm just upset that I have to pay for three months and I don't trust it. Oh well, nothing I can do about it. I'll give it the two months to fix itself.

You're close but not quite right about score change alerts. SW monitors your score every seven days for score changes and if it reaches or crosses your target score you'll be alerted. The tricky part is that you don't know exactly when that weekly cutoff occurs, so it's best to just set your target score to your latest score -- as it looks like you've done -- and let SW alert you when it hits or crosses the target you've set.  If you pull a report that has a new score that meets the targeting criteria, then that's considered your alert and you won't receive another one.

At this point, since you haven't had SW for even a month, my suggestion is to just leave things alone and let SW do the work. Then if you're not satisfied after the three-month minimum, feel free to cancel.  We've refunded your 11/21 score as a courtesy.

Message 6 of 7
Believe1970
Regular Contributor

Thanks, I wasn't looking for a credit. I just want to know that this will work. I will not buy another credit report and let it do it's thing for a month and go from there. I really want it to work.
Mortgage:

Auto Loan:

Credit Cards:
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.