Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scorewatch question...

tag
Simpleton
New Contributor

Scorewatch question...

I had 2 aged tax liens removed from my equifax report. (Or so they tell me). shouldn't I have been alerted by scorewatch or quarterly monitoring?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Scorewatch question...

They will have to cease reporting and therefore affect your score to get an alert. SW can't/ won't do anything until your report changes.

Do you know if they're still showing, and if so, when they will be removed?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 6
Simpleton
New Contributor

Eqifax told me via phonecall that they have removed them. (they should have been removed years ago, but they claim they never had a satisfaction date. which was 1996! hello?)  I have an update with true credit supposedly this evening.  I'm going to check tonight and see.  Had a 7pt increase report yesterday.  I sure hope that's not all I get for those removals!!

Message 3 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

If you still have any other public records, you might not get the big score jump yet. Smiley Sad Also, SW doesn't check your reports daily, so there might be a delay before you get a notice. (Check Barry's explanation pinned up above.) If you know that they're gone from your EQ report, and you want to know your score now, you can choose to cough up the fee and pull your score and report.

Also, if you have any serious derogs (CA, CO, 90-day, 120-day lates etc.), these will also be a damper on your scores.

Once you get to where there are NO public records and NO serious derogs, you should start seeing some big improvements.

Fingers crossed for ya!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 6
Simpleton
New Contributor

Thanks!  I think I have a good 5yrs to go before I'm good..Smiley Sad  

I'm out of the 500s though! 

Message 5 of 6
Simpleton
New Contributor

New reports show they've been removed. Finally!   It shows I have 2 derogs and 3 public records.  1 derog should be gone in 3 yrs. The other one I was told by the CA they would remove but never did. 2 PRs will be gone this time next year.  The last one I'm stuck with for 5-6 more years.

Live and learn.  next year I'll be down to 1 derog and 1 PR.  Patience isn't my strong suite but I got into this mess, soo...

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.