Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second Score Power Report

tag
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Re: Second Score Power Report

@Anonymous wrote:

i made a big mistake when i first signed up.  i got the free one, but the next day i guess i thought i had to hit the score watch power report thing button to see a new score (not a report!)  it took me a while to realize i used the second one - ALREADY!  goof.  guess ill pay more attention next time   Smiley Sad

Hi gabbygayle,

I can see how that could be confusing.  We've added a free score to your SW subscription.  Here's hoping you get a score increase alert soon!  Smiley Happy

-Barry

Message 11 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Second Score Power Reports

thanks barry!  i didnt see that until today!!  i appreciate all the help i can get!  i was denied a house loan friday...  only by 4 points.  bummer. 

Message 12 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I must be in the same boat as you all!  I must have inadvertantly hit "Score Power Report" when I first signed up and am only left with one now, but was intending to use both credits over the next several months.  Smiley Sad   I had already pulled my free annual reports so I didn't have any need for the first Score Power Report for at least a couple months until I cleaned up most of my credit problems.  I'd like to run one every 2 months or so until I know my debts are corrected or shown as paid.   Bummer!  This process certainly isn't clear.

The other thing I can't find is how much additional "Score Power Reports" are.  I see the 30% off, but how much is it anyway?  Thanks for any help!

Message 13 of 26
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I must be in the same boat as you all!  I must have inadvertantly hit "Score Power Report" when I first signed up and am only left with one now, but was intending to use both credits over the next several months.  Smiley Sad   I had already pulled my free annual reports so I didn't have any need for the first Score Power Report for at least a couple months until I cleaned up most of my credit problems.  I'd like to run one every 2 months or so until I know my debts are corrected or shown as paid.   Bummer!  This process certainly isn't clear.

The other thing I can't find is how much additional "Score Power Reports" are.  I see the 30% off, but how much is it anyway?  Thanks for any help!

Hi WatRE,

Welcome to the Forums!  Score Watch provides you with one report/score upon enrolling and another to use anytime over the next year, or longer as long as you keep your subscription going.  So, you've used one and have one left to use.

Additional Score Power reports when ordered through Score Watch are $13.97 ($19.95 less 30%).

-Barry

Message 14 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had a similar experience to others on this Forum.  I did not immediately realize that my monthly fee for Score Watch and committment to at least three months only entitled me to two of these reports. The note about having to pay for additional reports did not appear until AFTER I had already clicked the view button.  Now I have used my second report 1 week after the first.  If this situation had been more clear I would have waited, as the two reports now contain virtually identical information.

I logged in a week after getting my first report and saw that my reported score had not changed.  I happened to know that it had in fact changed from another source.  So I assumed I just needed to get an updated report to get my updated score.  This did work, but now I have used up my two chances for the year in the first week.  Maybe I just didn't wait long enough for my score to get updated in ScoreWatch??  In any case paying $180 a year and only getting two reports annually seems like poor value to me.  A limit is certainly reasonable, but two is a very low limit.  Now what exactly I am paying a monthly fee for is not obvious to me.

In general the website is organized to display flashy hype in bright bold letters while pertinent information is hidden away.  On my home page it should have said (*prominently*) how many reports I have used, and how many I have left and how much additional reports will cost beyond that.  Instead I just see a huge link to purchase more products (even though I am already logged in and paying for the monthly service).  I have to navigate to 'My purchases', and then 'Score watch' and then 'Credit Alerts' to see any actual new information.  It should also be more clear how often my score will actually be updated.  Instead I had to hunt for this information and make the mistake of using up my second report in the process.  The overall effect of organizing the website in this way is to make the service seem manipulative and unprofessional.  Having read the product description several times the timing of updates is still not clear.  It uses vague terminolgy like 'timely' and 'up-to-date'.  It says you will 'see your up-to-date FICO® score every time you receive an alert', and then describes various conditiions that might result in an alert.  It says that my Equifax report will be monitored daily for a long list of things (sounds great), but you have to search around to find out that this does NOT mean your score will be updated daily.  A less than daily update of the score is reasonable, but the way it is updated could be a lot clearer.  Perhaps I am just not understanding how Score Watch works.

I have only been a customer for one week but I am pretty disappointed with this service so far...  The reports themselves are excellent.  I would gladly pay to have that information on a regular basis in a less obtuse interface...  Hopefully the information provided with the 'credit alerts' and their frequency is high ... *and* corresponds to regular updates of my score...

Message 15 of 26
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Welcome to the Forums, d4rkst4r7.  Thanks for the feedback about Score Watch!

Two sources of information that anyone considering enrolling in Score Watch should read:

1. Score Watch Guide
  2. Score Watch Product Page

And if you're still unsure about how often your score is monitored, what kinds of credit report changes are monitored, how many reports you get, etc., feel free to contact myFICO Customer Care and they'll be happy to answer all of your questions.

Admittedly, Score Watch has a lot of moving parts that new users should familiarize themselves with if they want to take advantage of all this product has to offer.  As with most things in life, one should not assume anything.  Smiley Wink 

IMPORTANT:  You have a 10-day free trial offer of Score Watch.  If you don't want to be charged at the end of this period, you are required to cancel within the 10 days.  Also, if you don't cancel, you will be expected to subscribe for at least 3 months, so you may want to pay attention to the calendar.  These terms, as with the product information above, were clearly disclosed to you when you signed up and are not negotiable after you've been charged.  Just so you know... Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 26
anitaloan

To Barry,

I highly recommend that you disclose the Score Power price on the T&C page somewhere. I had to google to find out. Seems sneaky.

Message 17 of 26
Flying_High
Regular Contributor

We are all in the same boat I did it as well

As of 9/13"
Starting Score: 600
Goal Score: 740
Garden till 10/14"
Message 18 of 26
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

@Barry wrote:

Welcome to the Forums, d4rkst4r7.  Thanks for the feedback about Score Watch!

• Two Score Power reports included with your subscription, one when you enroll in Score Watch and one to be used at any time during your subscription.
  • Two additional Score Power reports each year while you’re subscribed to Score Watch.

Is that mean we have 4 score power for our subscribe ?

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 19 of 26
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Upon the annual renewal, you'll get 2 more. Basically 2 per year.

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.