Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion: add functionality for finding topics started by user

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Suggestion: add functionality for finding topics started by user

It's very odd that when I go to my profile I can see all kinds of not very useful things, but there's  no functionality for simply finding the topics I've started. I can't begin to count how many times I have wanted to refer back to one of the threads I've started, but was able to find no means of doing it in a practical way.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Suggestion: add functionality for finding topics started by user

So a simple search and then selecting "Author" does not populate the results you're looking for.....or is it just too many that way?

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 2 of 5
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

It's very odd that when I go to my profile I can see all kinds of not very useful things, but there's  no functionality for simply finding the topics I've started. I can't begin to count how many times I have wanted to refer back to one of the threads I've started, but was able to find no means of doing it in a practical way.

@SouthJamaica, if you want to see the threads you've started, you can use this link:  https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/forums/recentpostspage/post-type/thread/user-id/875377 

Anybody can use this to view their own threads... just edit the URL to end with your own member ID#, which can be found in the URL when you're viewing your own profile.

Also, if you want to see all posts overtype the word thread in the URL with message.

Message 3 of 5
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Thanks @UncleB Much appreciated

That solves my problem

Wouldn't it be a good idea to have it in all people's profiles?

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 4 of 5
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

Thanks @UncleB Much appreciated

That solves my problem

Wouldn't it be a good idea to have it in all people's profiles?

Yep, it would, but we're told such changes would require an update to the Khoros framework that would impact all of their communities.

Until/unless that happens we'll have to deal with the work-around. Smiley Frustrated

The same applies to renaming the "Report Inappropriate Content" menu option (which we use for everything needing maintenance on our site)... it can't be changed, either. Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.