cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks to Scorewatch

tag
Hoss_Delgado

Thanks to Scorewatch

I have to thank score watch for alerting me to changes on my report. It was the motivation of fear from this alert that got me to stop, take out some time from life and buy all 3 of my credit reports in order to figure out what was going on in there that I was not seeing.

Turns out I am a victim of identity theft and have been for some time. But at least now I know and I am working to try to straighten it out (which seems futile).

The product works and lets you know right away when a change occurs.

Now here is a thought that should motivate you to subscribe.... When I saw the alert and went to each bureau website to buy all 3 reports, I went first to buy all 3 and save a copy and refrained from looking at them. When I got to Experian, I chose a user name, password, paid and then got looped out to a login screen. Tried to log in to no avail... and then it brought me to a challenge question screen! I never set up any challenge questions yet! Yep sure enough I already had an account.

Creepy. Someone had actually used Experians site to gain access to my credit and was paying a monthly fee to view and monitor all of my credit files!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Re: Thanks to Scorewatch

@Hoss_Delgado wrote:

I have to thank score watch for alerting me to changes on my report. It was the motivation of fear from this alert that got me to stop, take out some time from life and buy all 3 of my credit reports in order to figure out what was going on in there that I was not seeing.

Turns out I am a victim of identity theft and have been for some time. But at least now I know and I am working to try to straighten it out (which seems futile).

The product works and lets you know right away when a change occurs.

Now here is a thought that should motivate you to subscribe.... When I saw the alert and went to each bureau website to buy all 3 reports, I went first to buy all 3 and save a copy and refrained from looking at them. When I got to Experian, I chose a user name, password, paid and then got looped out to a login screen. Tried to log in to no avail... and then it brought me to a challenge question screen! I never set up any challenge questions yet! Yep sure enough I already had an account.

Creepy. Someone had actually used Experians site to gain access to my credit and was paying a monthly fee to view and monitor all of my credit files!!!!!!!

Holy Crap!!

Was the card used to pay actually traceable to the criminal or from identity theft?

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
Hoss_Delgado

I don't know. I can see it is a Visa and the last 4 digits. I figured I would go through with getting the rest of it to be traced. But I already had all the other info traced and it all came back to dead ends. I would venture to say that it would trace back to some other poor soul like myself. Bad situation... really bad.

Message 3 of 4
IOBA
Senior Contributor

I had a similiar experience with Experian.  I am trying to remember how I *finally* got it resolved.

I can't remember.  I do remember calling for weeks and weeks claiming I wasn't monitoring my credit reports, nor was I paying a service for the priveldge.  The reps at Experian kept arguing with me.  I think I must have timed it just right and started my own monitoring subscirption when the other ran out.   I also disputed the "looksie's" the other person was doing as not permitted pulls.

Again, I can't remember how it all got worked out, but I did do battle for months and the other person stopped pulling  my credit.  

On a bad note, I went to pull my free annual report and couldn't access two of them.  So it may have started again.  *sigh*

Just keep at it.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.