Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

True FICO Scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

True FICO Scores

Ok, I have truecredit because I can pull a CR from all three CRA every month. I can update daily if I wanted to see any changes on my Transunion CR. I'm happy with that.

I have scorewatch to report any changes which i'm happy with because I got an alert yesterday my bottom score of 499 went up to 506.

I want a true FICO score from Transunion and Experian.  If I get my FICO CR and score from    myfico is that the true FICO score. I thought I read somewhere that no-one was able to obtain their real fico score anymore from one of the reporting agencies.

in the end,

I have:

Truecredit, i'm happy with

Scorewatch i'm happy with

I want to add:

someplace where I can just pull my other 2 fico scores with TU and Experian, the real ones. Is there a place to monitor those true scores like i'm watching my real fico EQ score with scorewatch?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: True FICO Scores

FICO scores are only offered in a limited number of places:

TransUnion - you can get your TU FICO from your lender, myFICO.com, or from transunioncs.com (note the -cs).

Equifax - you can get your EQ FICO score from your lender, myFICO.com, or from Equifax.com.

Experian - you can only get your EX FICO from your lender or from a CU in PA called PSECU if you happen to have a checking account with them. As of last year, Experian no longer allows consumers to pull their own FICO score and it was removed from this website.

Any other scores sold from any other place are not classic FICO scores. If it doesn't say FICO somewhere on their webpage, FICO scores aren't offered.

Experian and TransUnion never sold FICO scores on their website. They always sold a competing score, of which lenders never cared about.

Other than ScoreWatch, there really isn't a monitoring product for TU. MyFICO offers TU Quarterly Monitoring. Basically, it doesn't monitor your FICO score but you get a new FICO report every 3 months and you can see a score change that way. If your goal is to pull frequently based on changes to your CR, I'd recommend puchasing a new report after each change you want to track and use TrueCredit as a guide to those changes.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, thanks.

I appreciate it. I knew i read somewhere about the experian, but wasn't sure. I guess if my Equifax and my transunion cr looks ok in a yr or so, then hopefully going by my credit report from truecredit, and thinks look about the same on all three reports, that my experian score should be ok.  Thanks for the input.

Message 3 of 7
bigtim
Frequent Contributor

Just be aware that your TU FICO you get from here or transunioncs is based on the 1998 model (TU 98), and most lenders now use a newer version, TU 04 or better, so the score you get from your lender will likely be different from the one here.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Recent Cards:
12/2012 - Discover (ICL 3,375 CLI to 5,375 05/2014)
12/2013 - Chase Freedom (ICL 3,500 ACLI to 4,500 07/2014)
03/2012 - Gander Mountain MC (WFNNB) 7,000 CL
04/2012 - Ace Rewards Visa (US Bank) 12,000 CL
Back to gardening for a year or two
Message 4 of 7
mauve
Valued Contributor

Did I read correctly that, if you purchase a TU score through scorewatch, you can monitor it just as you do the EQ score?

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

mauve wrote:
Did I read correctly that, if you purchase a TU score through scorewatch, you can monitor it just as you do the EQ score?

ScoreWatch is the branded product name for myFICO's EQ FICO monitoring service and tracks changes to your reports, FICO score, etc. It only covers EQ. MyFICO also offers a product for TU called "FICO Quarterly Monitoring" (see link at bottom below for more info). That monitors your TU but not in the same way that ScoreWatch does for EQ. It only monitors changes as it relates to your identity or similar demographics. It doesn't monitor your TU FICO for changes, but it does include 4 quarterly TU FICO reports as part of the subscription.
Message Edited by llecs on 02-26-2010 09:27 AM
Message 6 of 7
mauve
Valued Contributor

I'm signed up for SW right now, but there's an option within there to purchase TU - something about your previous post (and probably wishful thinking on my part) made me think that maybe, with SW, purchasing the TU report would allow for monitoring both.  Thanks for the clarification!

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.