Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TrueCredit or CreditSecure???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TrueCredit or CreditSecure???

Which is better? You can only get CS if you have Amex though...
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TrueCredit or CreditSecure???

I prefer the report format of TrueCredit -- CreditSecure is a nightmare because it doesn't include the TransUnion tradelines on the same physical line as Experian and Equifax. Plus, the printed version is messed up -- True Credit has a better layout for everything.
Message 2 of 11
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

TC
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll cast my vote for Credit Secure. There's not 24+1 rule for updating. I check Inquiries often and the Inq section is 100X better, the layout.

I also just signed up for Chase Identity Protection (yes I am subscribing to all 3 as of right now!) and of the 3 TC is the slowest and my least favorite. Chase actually just uses TC just like Privacy Matters does. Can you say Triple B*?! (probably right before you say split file!)

If you have an AMEX I'd at least give CS a look - it's the one I'll be keeping once my B* adventure is complete.

As for TLs not showing up on the same line, I have the same problem in TC and Chase so YMMV there.
Message 4 of 11
fused
Moderator Emeritus

db23 wrote:
I'll cast my vote for Credit Secure. There's not 24+1 rule for updating. I check Inquiries often and the Inq section is 100X better, the layout.

I also just signed up for Chase Identity Protection (yes I am subscribing to all 3 as of right now!) and of the 3 TC is the slowest and my least favorite. Chase actually just uses TC just like Privacy Matters does. Can you say Triple B*?! (probably right before you say split file!)

If you have an AMEX I'd at least give CS a look - it's the one I'll be keeping once my B* adventure is complete.

As for TLs not showing up on the same line, I have the same problem in TC and Chase so YMMV there.

I agree with you! I like CS's layout. Both are good for alerts.
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I signed up for CreditSecure. Thanks guys! Smiley Wink
Message 6 of 11
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I got my TU down to 0 from 8 in 9 weeks of pulling TC. All 8 came off in the last 3 weeks. Stuck with 5 on EX and just 4 on EQ. Deathly afraid of a split file so I think I'm done pulling any tri mergers. Done with CWG. I might just pull TC on a monthly basis just to watch inquiries or just BD EX on occasion.
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

jizoe182, You're probably gonna hate me for forgetting to mention this. Credit Secure has one huge flaw. AMEX gives you a free 30 day trial, sounds great right? Not really because during the trial you cannot update daily. Easy way around this though. Get your first pull, then call and cancel. VERY important that you get them to cancel it effective IMMEDIATELY. Now tomorrow go back and sign up for CS again and it won't give you the free trial offer, you'll have to pay full price right off the bat - BUT you can pull daily. That's how I and many others have gotten around their free trial.

They'll try their best to keep you from canceling, just make up a reason that you need it canceled RIGHT NOW.

Sorry - IMO this little flaw is worth it though.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
jizoe182, You're probably gonna hate me for forgetting to mention this. Credit Secure has one huge flaw. AMEX gives you a free 30 day trial, sounds great right? Not really because during the trial you cannot update daily. Easy way around this though. Get your first pull, then call and cancel. VERY important that you get them to cancel it effective IMMEDIATELY. Now tomorrow go back and sign up for CS again and it won't give you the free trial offer, you'll have to pay full price right off the bat - BUT you can pull daily. That's how I and many others have gotten around their free trial.

They'll try their best to keep you from canceling, just make up a reason that you need it canceled RIGHT NOW.

Sorry - IMO this little flaw is worth it though.

I called to cancel and the lady said that my free trial will go on until 8/19 so they're basically still giving me the free trial until the time is up. While I have this, I won't be able to sign up again until 8/20, right? Was I supposed to tell them to cancel immediately, or is that even an option?
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay so I finally got that daily update thing to work for CreditSecure. I see that it only updates the inquiries, new accounts and nothing else. My scores have been the same on that site for three days in a row now. I don't get it... That's really lame. I signed up for this to see my scores change everyday. I don't want to see the same inq. over and over. lol
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.