Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating subscription

tag
dondk
Valued Member

Updating subscription

Trying to update my credit card information. Of course you cannot do it online you have to call in. I was PAYING with a new credit card, I was asked no kidding 8 questions before they would take my credit card information? Why? I am paying, why so many questions to PAY a bill? It should be maybe a few questions to validate my idenity, but beyond that I fail to see the purpose. Name, social, DOB, address, email, phone number and one other I cannot remember.

Bring back online updating of subscription, I am paying for a service not to be grilled to prove who I am.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
GZG
Valued Contributor

Re: Updating subscription

@dondk wrote:

Trying to update my credit card information. Of course you cannot do it online you have to call in. I was PAYING with a new credit card, I was asked no kidding 8 questions before they would take my credit card information? Why? I am paying, why so many questions to PAY a bill? It should be maybe a few questions to validate my idenity, but beyond that I fail to see the purpose. Name, social, DOB, address, email, phone number and one other I cannot remember.

Bring back online updating of subscription, I am paying for a service not to be grilled to prove who I am.

was it always like this?

I just checked and I need to call if I wanted to change as well 

I wonder if it's always been like this or it happens if you've ever tried changing payment methods in the past

Starting FICO 8:

Current FICO 8:

3/6, 5/12, 14/24

Message 2 of 7
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@GZG wrote:

@dondk wrote:

was it always like this?

I just checked and I need to call if I wanted to change as well 

I wonder if it's always been like this or it happens if you've ever tried changing payment methods in the past

@GZG this is a very new change. Next month I will have had my MyFico subscription for 3 years. As of October 2022 you could still change your payment information yourself. As a matter of fact I just changed mine in October as I'm trying to reach a welcome offer required spend. After seeing this post I went into my own account and see the option to edit payment info has been removed. Like the OP has mentioned now you're instructed to call them to do so. 

Message 3 of 7
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@dondk wrote:

Oh noooooo! I wonder why they changed this setting. I just changed my payment info online last month to add more spend to a welcome offer. I just went to settings after seeing your post an now it tells me also to call in. It use to be so convenient to be able to edit this info myself.  

Message 4 of 7
Elizabeth_FICO
myFICO Employee

@Jordan23ww wrote:

@dondk wrote:

Oh noooooo! I wonder why they changed this setting. I just changed my payment info online last month to add more spend to a welcome offer. I just went to settings after seeing your post an now it tells me also to call in. It use to be so convenient to be able to edit this info myself.  

@Jordan23ww @dondk @GZG Apologies for the inconvenience. We have released a fix, please let me know if you continue to have issues.

Message 5 of 7
GZG
Valued Contributor

@Elizabeth_FICO wrote:

@Jordan23ww wrote:

@dondk wrote:

@Jordan23ww @dondk @GZG Apologies for the inconvenience. We have released a fix, please let me know if you continue to have issues.

It worked for me, thanks!

Starting FICO 8:

Current FICO 8:

3/6, 5/12, 14/24

Message 6 of 7
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@Elizabeth_FICO wrote:

@Jordan23ww wrote:

@dondk wrote:

@Elizabeth_FICO thank you so much! I have been meaning to call customer service about this all week but hadn't gotten a chance to. Just checked my account and saw the option to update the payment info was back. I came on here to update this thread and saw your reply! Thank you again for your assistance! 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.