cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to my plan?

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
New Visitor

What happened to my plan?

I recently had the misfortune of having my car broken into and as luck would have it, the credit card I used to pay my monthly subscription to MyFico was stolen.  So I had to shut the card down and experienced the joy of disputing a bunch of charges.  Then when I went to check my credit information on MyFico, I found that I could not log in.  It was like my account was suspended.  I figured out that because my payment method was closed, I needed to update that.  I added a new card, but then noticed that the only option to re-activate my account required a change in terms from my old plan which was $21.95 a month to the new one which is now $39.95 a month.  This has to be the shadiest and most dishonest business practice I've ever seen!  So I had the misfortune of having my car broken into and a bunch of fraud I had to dispute, and my reward from this company - MyFico - is to have my cost of membership almost doubled.  If I cannot have my account reverted back to exactly where it was I am closing it down.  For forty bucks a month there are many MANY vastly superior credit monitoring and identity theft protection services out there.        

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Administrator

Re: What happened to my plan?


@daboafadem wrote:

I recently had the misfortune of having my car broken into and as luck would have it, the credit card I used to pay my monthly subscription to MyFico was stolen.  So I had to shut the card down and experienced the joy of disputing a bunch of charges.  Then when I went to check my credit information on MyFico, I found that I could not log in.  It was like my account was suspended.  I figured out that because my payment method was closed, I needed to update that.  I added a new card, but then noticed that the only option to re-activate my account required a change in terms from my old plan which was $21.95 a month to the new one which is now $39.95 a month.  This has to be the shadiest and most dishonest business practice I've ever seen!  So I had the misfortune of having my car broken into and a bunch of fraud I had to dispute, and my reward from this company - MyFico - is to have my cost of membership almost doubled.  If I cannot have my account reverted back to exactly where it was I am closing it down.  For forty bucks a month there are many MANY vastly superior credit monitoring and identity theft protection services out there.        


Hi - I'm so sorry your car got broken into. I reached out to our customer support team and I see that you have FICO Advanced which includes lost wallet protection, so please reach out to our team for help - 1-800-319-4433. 

 

https://www.myfico.com/products/credit-reports-and-fico-scores - You can see all of our products here, you can still have the $29.95 product.

Message 2 of 7
New Visitor

Re: What happened to my plan?

This does not help me at all.  The plan I was on, to be clear, was $21.95 with monthly updates from all 3 credit bureaus.  

 

What you're telling me is I can get a plan for almost a 30% increase in cost that drops my monthly updates down to quarterly - a 75% reduction in serrvice. 

 

If this is a joke it's a very bad one.  

Message 3 of 7
Administrator

Re: What happened to my plan?


@daboafadem wrote:

This does not help me at all.  The plan I was on, to be clear, was $21.95 with monthly updates from all 3 credit bureaus.  

 

What you're telling me is I can get a plan for almost a 30% increase in cost that drops my monthly updates down to quarterly - a 75% reduction in serrvice. 

 

If this is a joke it's a very bad one.  


For further help please reach out to our customer support team - 1-800-319-4433. 

 

Not much assistance can be provided for accounts on the forums without revealing personal information. 

Message 4 of 7
New Visitor

Re: What happened to my plan?

I called the number.  Categorically useless assistance and unsatisfactory outcome.  I was told I had a grandfathered plan and that if my credit card number never changed, or the attempt to bill it had not been revoked, I would have carried on business as usual.  So due to the misfortune of my situation, my card was stolen and the number replaced by the issuer, my grandfathered plan was terminated without warning.  I am not advised it cannot be restored.  I guess I will have to go to a competitor because your new pricing is simply not a good value anymore. 

I write through multiple media formata under a pen name, and that pen name has a combined social media audience of 2.4 million followers.  I will be making it a point to publicize this experience repeatedly and often.

 

Thank you for the wonderful experience.

   

Message 5 of 7
Administrator

Re: What happened to my plan?


@daboafadem wrote:

I called the number.  Categorically useless assistance and unsatisfactory outcome.  I was told I had a grandfathered plan and that if my credit card number never changed, or the attempt to bill it had not been revoked, I would have carried on business as usual.  So due to the misfortune of my situation, my card was stolen and the number replaced by the issuer, my grandfathered plan was terminated without warning.  I am not advised it cannot be restored.  I guess I will have to go to a competitor because your new pricing is simply not a good value anymore. 

I write through multiple media formata under a pen name, and that pen name has a combined social media audience of 2.4 million followers.  I will be making it a point to publicize this experience repeatedly and often.

 

Thank you for the wonderful experience.

   


I was able to work with our customer care team and have your old pricing back due to your situation. 

Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
New Visitor

Re: What happened to my plan?

I called the customer service number to confirm if this was the case.  They told me my subscription will be cancelled on 11-10-2019.  The allege that I requested this by phone.  I remember exactly what I said during my phone interaction 10-29-2019.  I said I would sign in and cancel the subscription myself.  I never gave anyone authorization to do anything by phone.  If the calls are recorded I am certain the recording will confirm this.  This whole matter just continues to get better and better.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.