cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which report will creditors see? Also, goodwill deletion alerts?

tag
trnj88
New Contributor

Which report will creditors see? Also, goodwill deletion alerts?

Question 1: I have a 3B quarterly report available on my account. I have one question about actually WHEN to use it to refresh my report + scores:

I am in the process of having two 30-day lates removed from my Capital One credit card account. They are being removed as the result of a goodwill adjustment. I have noticed they are already both gone on TransUnion. They are also already both deleted from my Experian report.. however only ONE of the two has been deleted from my Equifax report as of yesterday.. kind of strange, but OK.

If I utilize my currently-available 3B report, I would expect to notice the score jump since lates have been removed.

Say I update my report today, and the last remaining Equifax late is removed tomorrow, and I apply for a card in two weeks. Would the creditor see the report I pulled today in updating my myFICO quarterly report? Or would it be a real-time update and they'd not even see the late?

Question 2: I noticed when I have goodwill adjustments and a missed payment is deleted from my credit report(s), I am not getting a myFICO alert. Is this a possible feature, or am I only able to see the change in my FICO score when I update during the quarterly reports?

Thanks, hope that's not too long!

2 REPLIES 2
iv
Valued Contributor

Re: Which report will creditors see? Also, goodwill deletion alerts?

@trnj88 wrote:

Say I update my report today, and the last remaining Equifax late is removed tomorrow, and I apply for a card in two weeks. Would the creditor see the report I pulled today in updating my myFICO quarterly report? Or would it be a real-time update and they'd not even see the late?

There is no connection between when (or if) you pull your reports here, and what a lender can see.

In most cases, for a fresh application, the lender will pull an up-to-date report directly from one or more CRAs.

In some cases, the lender may have already pulled a report recently (for instance, if you are already a customer of theirs, or you had checked out a "pre-approval" site of theirs recently), and they may use that prior report rather than pulling a current one. 

@trnj88 wrote:

Question 2: I noticed when I have goodwill adjustments and a missed payment is deleted from my credit report(s), I am not getting a myFICO alert. Is this a possible feature, or am I only able to see the change in my FICO score when I update during the quarterly reports?

Deletions of items (lates, tradelines, etc) will not trigger an alert/update. Only new/updated items will.

In many cases, the next change that DOES trigger an alert on that CRA will include the effect of the deletion in the displayed score, even though the deletion will not be listed as the triggering factor.

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 2 of 3
trnj88
New Contributor

Re: Which report will creditors see? Also, goodwill deletion alerts?

Perfect thanks for the help!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.