cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why aren't I getting any scorewatch alerts?

tag
BGinVA
Contributor

Why aren't I getting any scorewatch alerts?

As of yesterday I had my scorewatch alert set to notify me if my FICO hit 654 (that was one point above where I was when I set it).  Decided yesterday to run a new score since I was apping for auto financing, and low and behold I had hit 660 and still haven't recieved an alert.  In addition, as of yesterday morning when I ran my report I had 4 inquiries associated with the auto financing on my report, but if I go into the scorewatch alert section it says that they are monitoring my credit report and that there are no new inquiries.  I like the theory of the scorewatch but not sure I'm going to keep it after my auto financing is over if its not going to tell me anything that is going on. 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Re: Why aren't I getting any scorewatch alerts?

Hi BGinVA,

It looks like you were sent an alert for that score change on 3/7.  And I would give SW a couple more days to alert you to those 3/7 inquiries.  Let us know if you don't get those alerts.

-Barry

Message 2 of 14
BGinVA
Contributor

Hmmmm, what do you mean "It looks like you were sent an alert for that score change on 3/7"?  Today is the 9th and NO I have not recieved any kind of alert, what are basing your assumption on?  Just curious.

I'm editing this to add: If you are thinking my score change below is because of an alert I received, that is not correct, I paid $19.95 to purchase that score from this site and I still haven't received an alert for the change. 

Message 3 of 14
BGinVA
Contributor

Weird, I logged into my "purchases" account after I posted this just to check it out, and indeed there NOW is a credit alert back dated to March 7th, thing is its only appeared within the last few hours.  I've spent many hours on that in the last two days, and it JUST appeared backdated to March 7th (I would have saved my $19.95 had it been there on the 7th).  There are still no inquiries showing, and basically its saying that ON the day that I decided to app for a car loan and my goal was to reach 660 before applying that it magically reached 660 with no intern moves and no alerts, but it now says on the 9th that it moved on the 7th when I've been logged in for many hours up until now and it never showed and I never received an e-mail or a text message which I'm set up to receive. That's just too wierd................. Obviously time to cancel this service. 

Message 4 of 14
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

@BGinVA wrote:

Hmmmm, what do you mean "It looks like you were sent an alert for that score change on 3/7"?  Today is the 9th and NO I have not recieved any kind of alert, what are basing your assumption on?  Just curious.

I'm editing this to add: If you are thinking my score change below is because of an alert I received, that is not correct, I paid $19.95 to purchase that score from this site and I still haven't received an alert for the change. 

Hi BGinVA,

I'm basing that "assumption" on the information in the myFICO customer service database that shows all your purchases, activity and such.  Since you have two myFICO accounts, each with a different email address, I hope you're checking the appropriate email box for these alerts?  Or, it could be that the alert was sent out after the 7th, since I can't prove it was actually sent on the 7th.  Just telling you what it says.

You also have an alert dated March 9th.  Did you get that one?

I refunded the $19.95 you paid for that EQ report from 3/7.  Next time, you may want to order additional EQ reports through your Score Watch, so you can get 30% off.

Barry

ETA:  My mistake, both accounts have the same email address.

Message 5 of 14
theheater30
Contributor

This exact thing happened to me as well, I purchased my score on 3/7 because I haven't received an alert. My score did indeed jump 7 points... I had my alert to notify my of even a 1 point increase.... Then when I looked into my alerts today there is suddenly an alert in there from 3/7 that was not there a few days ago? I too spent the 19.95 to get an update....

Message 6 of 14
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

@heatherterranova wrote:

This exact thing happened to me as well, I purchased my score on 3/7 because I haven't received an alert. My score did indeed jump 7 points... I had my alert to notify my of even a 1 point increase.... Then when I looked into my alerts today there is suddenly an alert in there from 3/7 that was not there a few days ago? I too spent the 19.95 to get an update....

FOLKS:

1. Purchasing an additional EQ report (at full price) because you think you should have received an alert, or just because you haven't received one in some time, does not automatically entitle you to a refund after you finally do get an alert.
  2. If you feel the need to pull an additional report, please take advantage of your SW subscription and order it at 30% off through your SW account.  Please???

Hi heatherterranova,

1. Nice to see the 7 point score jump. 
  2. Are you sure the alert wasn't dated 3/9?  (that's what I see)
  3. I refunded your $19.95 (just this once)  Smiley Wink

-Barry

Message 7 of 14
theheater30
Contributor

There is two, one for 3/7 and 3/9.... neither one of them sent me an alert....

Message 8 of 14
BGinVA
Contributor

Thank you Barry, I did indeed get an e-mail that addresses the adjustment you made, it is appreciated and was NOT expected.  It does seem that some weird stuff was happenening last week and I probably wouldn't have even noticed had it not coincided with the couple of days I was apping for my auto loan.  And yes I have two accounts, but only one has purchases, long story short, I forgot I had purchased a report here a few years ago when I registered for the forum and when I tried to make a purchase under this user name it wouldn't let me, so I called and they reminded me of the old account and said all my purchases had to go through that account because my ssn was associated with it, but I didn't want to loose my history on the forums, so yes I log in to one for purchases and another for community.  Thanks again!

Message 9 of 14
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Can somebody please clarify if it is user error or system issues with these SW alerts (even if it's through PM)

I want to get the service, but I don't want to have issues that are system generated and I certainly don't want to ask for freebies, because I am not doing something correctly.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.