Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myFICO Unable to Access my 3 Credit Reports

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

myFICO Unable to Access my 3 Credit Reports

So I’m new here. I signed up for the “whole enchilada” at $39 a month. I go to get my reports and none of the authentication questions are applicable to me. I answer correctly “none of the above” and am told I must call a verification representative. So I did. Twice. Both were asking me to verify installment loans which I KNOW do not exist on any of my credit reports. So, after canceling my myFICO membership, I went to annualcreditreport.com and obtain fresh bureau reports on all three. None of them showed any fraud or mistakes.

I cannot overstate how disappointed I am with the highly overpriced service from myFICO. I like these forums but this is as far as I go with myFICO.
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: myFICO Unable to Access my 3 Credit Reports

Verification questions of this nature undoubtedly come from LexisNexis.  That report often contains errors and you need to get your report from them to try to correct these.  Has nothing to do with MyFICO or their ability to pull your reports.  Entirely has to do with their ability to verify your identity.  If you don’t correct the mistakes at LN you will face this issue again in the future with creditors, banks, etc.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good point. I will look into doing that. Lexis Nexis is hard to deal with even by credit bureau standards. It begs the question why myFICO would use information not contained in the three bureaus as authentication questions to release those abstracts, especially considering Lexis Nexis’ reputation for unreliability?
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:
Good point. I will look into doing that. Lexis Nexis is hard to deal with even by credit bureau standards. It begs the question why myFICO would use information not contained in the three bureaus as authentication questions to release those abstracts, especially considering Lexis Nexis’ reputation for unreliability?

Unfortunately I can’t answer that question.

Message 4 of 6
Kree
Established Contributor

Even the 3 bureaus will use Lexisnexis for authentication questions.  When I first started looking into credit I had to mai in a photocopy of my DL to TU to get online access.  They kept asking me about my father's second wife's current address. and I hadn't seen/heard from  her in 15 years.

Message 5 of 6
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

wrote:

Verification questions of this nature undoubtedly come from LexisNexis.  That report often contains errors and you need to get your report from them to try to correct these.  Has nothing to do with MyFICO or their ability to pull your reports.  Entirely has to do with their ability to verify your identity.  If you don’t correct the mistakes at LN you will face this issue again in the future with creditors, banks, etc.

Why does a third party have our personal info???

It's bad enough when Equifax was hacked, as well as my personal info hacked via OPM.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.