Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

personal info for monitored data

tag
EvilR-T
Frequent Contributor

personal info for monitored data

is there really a benefit to adding my drivers license number, bank account, credit card account numbers, and medical id numbers to the personal information section for FICO Identity service? i'm on the fence about this. all they have is my name, address, dob, ss, and email. i MIGHT provide my medical ID but am unsure about bank, cc, and license.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Kelsey_H
Former myFICO Employee

Re: personal info for monitored data

Hi there. If you provide the additional information in the "Monitored data" section, we will be able to scan for exposure of that information on thousands of black market websites, forums, chatrooms, etc. So for instance, if an identity thief posted your driver's license number with a different name on a black market website, you would only get an alert if you provided that information in the "monitored data" section. Providing this information isn't required, as we know that many will prefer not to provide it. In short, the more information you provide, the more information we can monitor for exposure. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.