cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buzzed Nordstrom CLIing (Update 8/26/19)

tag
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Buzzed Nordstrom CLIing (Update 8/26/19)

Since I got people asking about my CLI on this card I folded and gave them a call acouple days early. 8/19 is 4 months but I'm over 120 days I think. I can't Guinness math right now. I can only count tallbois. 3 of them and my fridge is pregnant with a 4th.

I call in and am not really paying attention so I think I went through the menus a few times before hitting 0. Call went like this.

NORDY: hi, this is (can't understand her) from California, how may I help you?

*She's singing what she's saying so I'm already over this 💩*

ME: hello. I'm calling to up my gucciness

NORDY: excuse me? 

ME: I'm trying to stay fly and the limit is limiting

NORDY: I'm sorry, I don't understand.

*I sigh*

ME: pardon me madam, I was enquiring as to a possible limit increase as the current one is impacting my shopping ability.

NORDY: uh, ok. Well, let's start with your name. Who am I speaking with?

ME: you don't know who I am?

NORDY: um, no.

ME: the robolady said she found my account

NORDY: yes, I have an account here, but I need to verify who you are before we can talk about it.

ME: Brian Earl Spilner

NORDY: thank you Mr. Spilner, may I have the last 4 of your social

ME: last 4 or last 6?

NORDY: 4

ME: I'm just asking cause last time I called they wanted the last 6 even though I gave them the last 4

NORDY: no, just need the last 4

ME: I think you guys are messing with me. It's 1234

NORDY: perfect

ME: of course it is. I know my social

NORDY: I'm sure you do. *Starts reading disclaimer but I can't understand her*

ME: wait, what are you saying I can't understand you

NORDY: I have to disclose your income information may be shared with Nordstrom's and TD Bank for your request

ME: why do you have to disclose that? They're giving me the increase. I would think they need to know how many stacks I bring home every month

NORDY: it's just a standard disclosure

ME: yo, do you really have that many stupid people for customers?

NORDY: what's your income, Mr. Spilner

ME: $67,555

NORDY: sbebgdtfe 555?

ME: wat? 67 thousand 5 hundred fifty-five

NORDY: ok, let me ju...oooh, it says here we need to do a hard pull to continue. Would you like to continue? We can't guarantee you'll get an increase if you do

ME: did you put my income in right?

NORDY: yes, I put your income in right *she ain't singing while she's talking anymore*

ME: are you for real? Me and TD go back years. He hooks up my Target card. The redcard, not the debit. He knows I'm good for it.

NORDY: Nordstrom's doesn't know. Would you like to continue....

ME: nah, I don't need Nordy throwing shade on my garden. I'm just trying to up my Gucci game

NORDY: so would you like to cancel your request?

ME: hell yes I want to cancel. I'm not taking a hard pull for a store card. Throw me the Visa and I might take my reports out the freezer for you.

NORDY: so I want to clarify, you want to cancel your request?

ME: yes I want to cancel. I'm just trying to get a Gucci wallet but how am I going to do that with this Ralph Lauren Polo budget? I need $430 and even with my Nordy notes I'm short. I just need $100 **bleep**

NORDY: let me see what I can do for you....

ME: whooooa all of a sudden you can give me an increase? Can you make it $500? There's some Gucci sneakers I want.

NORDY: I can't give you an increase. I'm just seeing what I can do to help you.

ME: huh? I need an increase. You're not giving me an increase. How can you help me?

NORDY: if you go into the store, they can split the payment over 2 cards. Online you can only use one

ME:...what kind of Tommy Hilfiger b.s. is that? That's what poor people that shop at Nordstrom rack do. Macy's wouldn't do me like this. They got better prices on Levi's and a better selection too.

NORDY: you can always get a Macy's card before they go out of business

ME:...bro...whaaaaat? I don't even like Citi.

NORDY: is there anything else I can help you with Mr. Spilner?

ME: I'm Gucci

NORDY: have a nice evening Mr. Spilner

There it is. I actually cut out a lot because it sounded like she was eating her mic. Should I call back in a couple days once the 19th passes?

UPDATE 8/26/19 : received letter from Nordy's today. Pic below.

PhotoGrid_1566862478101.jpg

Cheers

PhotoGrid_1566181745239.jpg

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Buzzed Nordstrom CLIing

Hilarious! 😂😂😂😂
Message 2 of 33
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

It’s hard to be Gucci when the man acts like KMART.

I’m glad to know TD does hard pills though.

The Nordstrom Card..... it ain’t Gucci AF with CLI’s.

Guyatthebeach
Message 3 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

You sir, made my flipping night!  Nothing like a good bedtime story to get the belly and facial muscles loosey-goosey!

CheersCheers

Message 4 of 33
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

You should have had your brother-in-law Dom Toretto make the call for you for more muscle! 😂🍺🍺🍺😂

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 5 of 33
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Since I got people asking about my CLI on this card I folded and gave them a call acouple days early. 8/19 is 4 months but I'm over 120 days I think. I can't Guinness math right now.

Cheers

PhotoGrid_1566181745239.jpg

NORDY: yes, I have an account here, but I need to verify who you are before we can talk about it.

ME: Brian Earl Spilner

NORDY: thank you Mr. Spilner, may I have the last 4 of your social

ME: last 4 or last 6?

Guinness Tall Boys?

NORDY: 4

ME: I'm just asking cause last time I called they wanted the last 6 even though I gave them the last 4

NORDY: no, just need the last 4

Funny as FicoSmiley LOL

you forgot The line, Do you know who I am, you were supposed to say;

"I AM JAKE FROM STATE FARM"Smiley Very Happy

Sure hope you ran this all by eMom first right?, Tell me you did?

Message 6 of 33
shoegal
Valued Contributor

Another legendary thread!! Well done, Bree Bree!

Message 7 of 33
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Oh Lawdy B.......you had that lil' girl shook, looking up ways to pay, lol!

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 8 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can’t kudo intentionally messing with a CSR, I’ve been on the other end of those calls too often. I am sure the HP info will help someone though so thanks for sharing. 

Message 9 of 33
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@GApeachy wrote:

Oh Lawdy B.......you had that lil' girl shook, looking up ways to pay, lol!

I'd call back Tuesday and tell'em you're trying to find a reason to keep it open.  Ask, what's the purpose of it being open compared to being closed?......it's a numb-nut as is.  

She wasn't shook, she stayed solid the entire time until the Macy's part, and even then, she didn't lose her cool. I think she was trying to see if she could get me that $100 without a hard pull, then made a suggestion when she couldn't.

Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.