Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highest Starting Limit Cards for Spree

tag
charles23
Valued Member

Highest Starting Limit Cards for Spree

I would like advice on what cards I might qualify for in doing a big spree now.

I want to get new cards with high starting credit limits that I can potentially access for balance transfers or cash with decent interest rates JUST IN CASE I should need to do so for my business.  

I just recently successfully applied for & received 2 new cards: a 7.1k Navy Platinum Visa & a 15k FBNO Evergreen Visa. 

My Fico 8 scores as of today are TU 798, EQ 762, EXP 764

Util  3%

Credit Age  5 yrs 5 mo

Inquiries  TU = 1, EQ = 1, EXP = 4

Open Accounts

31,000   Discover it

20,000   Lowes (recent CLI from 2.2k)

15,000   FBNO Evergreen Visa (NEW)

13,500   Macy's AMEX (recent CLI from 6k)

13,000   Sam's MC (recent auto CLI from 8k)

10,000   Chase Freedom Unlimited Visa

9,000   B of A MC (recent CLI from 3.9k)

9,000   Chase Slate Visa

7,100   Navy Platinum Visa (NEW)

5,000   Sam's Plus

3,900   Best Buy Visa

1,500   Pay Pal

1,000   Chase Freedom

700   Kohl's

Income 205,000

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
NYC_Fella
Frequent Contributor

Re: Highest Starting Limit Cards for Spree

You might want to try WF. They gave me a $22K SL a few months ago. Amex BCP gave me $15K a couple of days ago. Those are my biggies.

Message 2 of 15
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Best bet is probably a CU as long as you don't mind providing POI.  Alot of other factors go into SL's though such as age of credit, obviously income, utilization, dti and 100's of other factors.  I would also suggest you make it only a small spree and before your other cards that are new report as well..

Message 3 of 15
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

You may also want to try PenFed.  They will SP EQ for membership and HP EQ for a credit card app.  They do offer BT's and though you EQ score is lower than the others CB's, it still in line with recent approvals and with only 1 EQ HP, you may be succesful there.  The Gold Card is their low APR card and the Power Cash Rewards is the primary rewards card.  DP's have stated their Pathfinder has a stricter UW rules so you may get a better SL on the Power Cash

Message 4 of 15
charles23
Valued Member

Unfortunately my 2 new cards are already reporting.

I am already signed up at Pen Fed Credit Union so I am all ready to go with them.

Thank you guys for all the knowledgeable information that comes my way here!!

Message 5 of 15
greatscott85
Frequent Contributor

@charles23  Take a look at BECU. SP to join. Just picked up a Cashback card and got 20k. They seemingly pull Transunion. 

Not sure if you want to pull another Chase card but the Sapphire Preffered is another good limit card. 

First Tech FCU has a few high limit cards, 2 of them go to 100k I think. They seemingly pull Experian. I got in with them from my tech employer. Still feeling them out, not bad. 

Message 6 of 15
Crowhelm
Established Contributor

@greatscott85 wrote:

@charles23  Take a look at BECU. SP to join. Just picked up a Cashback card and got 20k. They seemingly pull Transunion. 

Not sure if you want to pull another Chase card but the Sapphire Preffered is another good limit card. 

First Tech FCU has a few high limit cards, 2 of them go to 100k I think. They seemingly pull Experian. I got in with them from my tech employer. Still feeling them out, not bad. 

You would be correct, they only pull TransUnion. You forgot to mention they offer a nice $300 sub as well right now. But their cashback is a bit low for us since we got better cards, so ours is sock-drawered. Other than that, great Credit Union.

Message 7 of 15
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Elan is a TU puller (usually) and gave me a $25K SL

NASAFCU has a pre-approval page (which is sometimes accurate... it was for me) and gave me a $20K SL instant approval.

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Based on what you  have here. I would for sure say Citi Bank, you have several of their co branded cards, but go for like Citi Double Cash mastercard. They start out with pretty decent CL's and now that you dont have a lot of inquries, and you have the track record with them that is the card you should go for next. Then in about 60 days after approval, ask for a CLI on the Macy's AX it is a SP. Do not go for one on the Best Buy Visa since that one is a HP

Thanks

Mark

Message 9 of 15
charles23
Valued Member

Thank you all for the excellent advice!

For Citibank, for the highest starting credit limit, will the Citi Double Cash give me the highest starting limit of all of their card offerings or can I instead apply for one of Citi's other cards?

Charles

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.