Did you mean: 

BOA CLI To 35K

tag
Flex1
Regular Contributor

Re: BOA CLI To 35K

@triplej0718 wrote:

Hey guys,

BOA soft pull every 91 days is still intact. I ask for a CLI while having all 3 bureaus locked and frozen and I got an instant CLI approval from 18K to 35K.  This card had a starting limit of 3K last August of 2023 and over 6 months later it's at 35K. 

FYI I treat this card as a charge card and PIF by the statement date. Can't lose with BOA which is a tier 1 card. Let's get it.

Wow!!!! What an amazing job you've done with this card in such a short amount of time! Congrats!!!!!!!! Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 17
Janneman
Established Contributor

@triplej0718 wrote:

Hey guys,

BOA soft pull every 91 days is still intact. I ask for a CLI while having all 3 bureaus locked and frozen and I got an instant CLI approval from 18K to 35K.  This card had a starting limit of 3K last August of 2023 and over 6 months later it's at 35K. 

FYI I treat this card as a charge card and PIF by the statement date. Can't lose with BOA which is a tier 1 card. Let's get it.

Congrat....Good job...very nice...Could you please provide some datapoint that could help this community like your score, spending on this card per month, which card it is, if you are Merril Lynch Customer or higher tier customer with BOA, did you ask for CLI on the phone or online, did you ask this specific amount or they provided by their own, how many total revolving accounts you have, and how much total available credit , and any other details that could help this community? Thank you

Message 12 of 17
MudkipsRKooL
Regular Contributor

That's amazing. I guess I need to put some decent spend on the card. I gotten denied awhile back and put this on the backburner. I didn't realize people could get is that high. Do you have BOA as your main banking? do you do Direct Deposit? How much monthly spend do you put on this card?

Current score: 778ex | 774tu | 777eq
INQ status: 1/24, 1/12

Currrent Cards:

Future:
Message 13 of 17
triplej0718
New Contributor

@Janneman wrote:

@triplej0718 wrote:

Hey guys,

Congrat....Good job...very nice...Could you please provide some datapoint that could help this community like your score, spending on this card per month, which card it is, if you are Merril Lynch Customer or higher tier customer with BOA, did you ask for CLI on the phone or online, did you ask this specific amount or they provided by their own, how many total revolving accounts you have, and how much total available credit , and any other details that could help this community? Thank you

Great Questions. I never call to ask for CLI. Every 90 days I do it online on my BOA App while having all 3 credit bureaus frozen.  It's a joint account with my wife. She has direct deposit with BOA but I don't. I mainly use the card even though it's a joint account and I pay for it 100 percent of the time. I usually spend about 1500 to 5k a month on the card and pay it in full every single month. I never leave a balance on this card. I think my wife having great cashflow going through her personal checking definitely helped with the huge increase in a short amount of time. She's a preferred BOA member as well. We both have 800 scores on our Transunion report. I also have a 1 percent total usage overall with my credit card balance. I have 3 revolving credit cards including this BOA card. My total Credit Line on the personal side right now is 101K with a 1K balance. I mainly leverage my personal credit to get as much Business Credit as I can. 

BOA will give you love every 90 days as long as you use it and pay it down to under 10 percent every single month. I choose to pay it off every single month instead because I use my Apple Card to show a balance due to the fact I use the AZEO method ( All Zero Balance Except One Card).

I've decided to stay at 35K because of the maximum exposure with BOA being around 100K apparently. I want to tap into the business side now and  get a business credit card with them later this year.

Message 14 of 17
triplej0718
New Contributor

@MudkipsRKooL wrote:

That's amazing. I guess I need to put some decent spend on the card. I gotten denied awhile back and put this on the backburner. I didn't realize people could get is that high. Do you have BOA as your main banking? do you do Direct Deposit? How much monthly spend do you put on this card?

I answered pretty much all of your questions with my previous post. Is your credit report clean?? If it is then yes putting some spend on the card will definitely get you a CLI in the future. Good luck.

Message 15 of 17
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your BofA CLI!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 16 of 17
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your CLI 🤑👍

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.