cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got approved by Chase reconsideration line for a CLI on my Freedom Rise card!

tag
MikeyMagic
Frequent Contributor

Got approved by Chase reconsideration line for a CLI on my Freedom Rise card!

Hey all

I am so happy, I have had the Chase Freedom Rise for 5 months and my credit history is a little over 6 months total. Have 4 starter cards all with small limits.

My Chase Freedom Rise card had a $500 CL and I decided to apply yesterday over the phone for a CLI. Was denied. I got the denial letter in my app this afternoon and it was using an Experian Credit Report from 2/21/24. That's what the date was. And I didn't even have a FICO 8 score yet at that time.

So I was annoyed and called the reconsideration line and asked the guy for a CLI and he put me on hold and gave me a new CL of $2000!! I am so psyched! Not even 6 months yet with this card and this is now my biggest credit limit.

Baby steps but I'm finally seeing some positive things happen!

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Re: Got approved by Chase reconsideration line for a CLI on my Freedom Rise card!

Congratulations way to go ask and you shal receive the good book saids.

Message 2 of 17
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

Re: Got approved by Chase reconsideration line for a CLI on my Freedom Rise card!

Congratulations on your CLI!

Message 3 of 17
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

When lenders pull SPs for things like this, its pretty common for them to be pulling 30 day old data. Nicely done, congratulations on you Chase CLI.

Message 4 of 17
MikeyMagic
Frequent Contributor

@JoeRockhead wrote:

When lenders pull SPs for things like this, its pretty common for them to be pulling 30 day old data. Nicely done, congratulations on you Chase CLI.

Thanks so much for the congratulations from you and the others!

By the way, is it uncommon to get that high a CL only 5 months having a Chase entry level card? I was surprised not gonna lie.

Message 5 of 17
keekers
Established Contributor

Great persistence...congrats!

Message 6 of 17
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

@MikeyMagic wrote:

@JoeRockhead wrote:

Thanks so much for the congratulations from you and the others!

By the way, is it uncommon to get that high a CL only 5 months having a Chase entry level card? I was surprised not gonna lie.

I dont know that it's uncommon as much as it's that Chase has been known to take an individual's usage and payment history with them into account as well as other factors. 

Most people are relegated to CLIs every 6 months. Some people however, have had success at 4 months. 

It's great they went ahead and increased your limit earlier than usual but, don't expect it to be a regular thing. Just keep doing what you're doing and even better things will come.

Enjoy your victory. 

Message 7 of 17
Legally_Speaking2512
Frequent Contributor

That's a nice reconsideration starting limit. Congrats to you!

Starting Score: 570
Current Score: 643
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 8 of 17
sillysilky
Established Member

that's awesome, congratulations!

Message 9 of 17
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the increase!

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.