Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oops ... Accidental Synchrony Lowe's approval $13K

tag
addicted
Established Member

Re: Oops ... Accidental Synchrony Lowe's approval $13K

Congratulations on your accidental approval!

Message 11 of 20
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

congraats but that sucks!!! haha I used to have a 15k Lowe's card. its a good card to have even for like gardening and cleaning supplies and appliances.

Not many people have reported on it or experienced but i received THREE new sync accounts with only ONE inquiry from pre qualification tool(s) on the websites: car care, amazon, and care credit.

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 12 of 20
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 13 of 20
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@CorpCrMgr1 wrote:

Congratulations on your oops approval! FWIW, I'm a Home Depot guy.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

@GZG wrote:

very nice approval, I'm sure you'll get it up to $35k in no time

@Traveler101 wrote:

That's why I'm real careful around them pre-qualified links, lol. But, you got yourself a nice reward. Congratulations 🎊 

@keekers wrote:
Congrats on the whoopsies. Lowe's > HD as far as I'm concerned (looking at you, @CorpCrMgr1 Smiley Wink

@firefox100 wrote:

Congratulations on your approval the only bad thing with approval like that is you need to use card once year or they may close the account none use. 

Thanks very much @CorpCrMgr1 , @GZG@Traveler101, @keekers, and @firefox100Smiley Very Happy

I agree that Lowes > HD, @keekers. Smiley Wink  but I sometimes shop at either. 

Yes, I do hope to grow this one to $35K pretty quickly as that potential high limit is a big allure of this card, @GZG

Yes, I'll be careful to use it at least once a year to avoid the closure, @firefox100, especially with this being Synchrony!  This and Verizon will be my only two Synchrony cards, though, so perhaps that will help insulate me from adverse action if they target unused credit limits. 

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$900K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 14 of 20
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@gingerflower wrote:

Congratulations on your Lowes Cc with a whooping SL!

@reluctantgarden wrote:

SP on CLI, but I'm sure you'll fare better than my $9k SL to $35k in two days, followed by closure of all SYF cards totaling $74k three days hence, which I have to laugh about now to ease the pain.

@Legally_Speaking2512 wrote:

That was a mistake that was well worth it lol. Congrats on the approval and even more so THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!

@addicted wrote:

Congratulations on your accidental approval!

@cashorcharge wrote:

WooHoo!! Congratulations on your Approval!!👏🏼🍾🥂

Thanks very much @gingerflower, @reluctantgarden, @Legally_Speaking2512, @addicted, and @cashorcharge!

And thanks for the kind words about my service @Legally_Speaking2512.  It was my pleasure and honor. 

Yes, the "accidental" approval was still worth it!  I would probably have applied intentionally at some point.  And I was already plotting the USAA card application the same night (so as not to miss the special SUB), so that just nudged me to go ahead and get it done all at once! 

Business Cards

Message 15 of 20
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

congraats but that sucks!!! haha I used to have a 15k Lowe's card. its a good card to have even for like gardening and cleaning supplies and appliances.

Not many people have reported on it or experienced but i received THREE new sync accounts with only ONE inquiry from pre qualification tool(s) on the websites: car care, amazon, and care credit.

@BigBS wrote:

Congrats on the approval!

Thanks very much @youngandcreditwrthy and @BigBSSmiley Very Happy

And thanks for those data points about multiple approvals in one spree, @youngandcreditwrthy

By the way, I have an updated data point of my own from my original posting.  I complained that Synchrony gave me a 20% discount certificate as a SUB that expired in just seven days, which made it pretty worthless.  Turns out, they emailed me another one later as a welcome gift that is good until January 2025, so perhaps I'll be able to use it after all!  It's still only good for one check-out, so I need to plan ahead to get the best value from it ($100 if purchasing $500 or more.) 

Business Cards

Message 16 of 20
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Congrats - So with this new card getting to that $35000, it looks like you'd be $80,000 from $1M. 

Message 17 of 20
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@NoMoreE46 wrote:

Congrats - So with this new card getting to that $35000, it looks like you'd be $80,000 from $1M. 

Thanks @NoMoreE46Smiley Very Happy

Yes, that's correct! I show my current limits at $898,800. The extra $22K if Lowe's went to $35K would put me at $920,800.  I haven't discussed it much but that $1M TCL has become a goal of mine.  I seriously doubt I would take it much higher, but $1M TCL would be kinda cool. 😎  Combined with CLI patterns I've seen on some of my current cards, it's possible I could attain another $25K to $50K in CLIs alone within a year in addition to the Lowe's $22K. If that happened, one or two more new cards might be all I would need. I've got my eye on several that could yield higher limits. One lender I'm wooing right now is Wells Fargo, with a deeper banking and credit relationship. Besides US Bank, they are one of the largest banks where I have the least exposure. I didn't post about it yet, but WF offered me some sweet banking SUBs on a new savings account ($525) and a 4.6% yield on their Platinum HYSA for the first year. That rate beats all of my current HYSAs. My velocity is way too high for US Bank right now, but the Altitude Reserve with 4.5% RT Rewards on mobile wallet would be a tempting addition at some point. 🤔. But I digress ... thanks for asking, though. 

Business Cards

Message 18 of 20
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Synchrony Lowe's approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 19 of 20
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Lowe's approval 🤑👍

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.