Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd. Amex Question

tag
CardHunter
Established Contributor

2nd. Amex Question

I currently have held a Amex BCP card for about 19 months now with a $25,000 limit and was looking to get the Amex BCE card with 0% intro for 15 months with a $200 SUB. I am pre approved for the card and also pre approved for a personal loan up to $25K but Im not looking for any loans. My question is, will I get the sub if I accept the card and second, how are 2nd Amex cards with limits? Amex scores my Fico at 797 and run about 3K - 4K though the card each month and PIF. 

TIA.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
GZG
Valued Contributor

Re: 2nd. Amex Question

@CardHunter wrote:

I currently have held a Amex BCP card for about 19 months now with a $25,000 limit and was looking to get the Amex BCE card with 0% intro for 15 months with a $200 SUB. I am pre approved for the card and also pre approved for a personal loan up to $25K but Im not looking for any loans. My question is, will I get the sub if I accept the card and second, how are 2nd Amex cards with limits? Amex scores my Fico at 797 and run about 3K - 4K though the card each month and PIF. 

TIA.

1. when you apply, you may get a pop-up that says you won't get the SUB, if you get that pop-up, you won't get the SUB. If you do get the pop-up, you are allowed to withdraw your application and there will be no credit pull/new account of any kind.

If you don't get that pop-up, you will get the SUB if you accept the card and meet the terms of the SUB. 

2. it mostly depends on what Amex's max limit is for you currently, at the low end, they may need to pull credit limit from the BCP to open the BCE and open the card with no new credit granted. You may also get another 25k, it really just depends.

Starting FICO 8:

Current FICO 8:

3/6, 5/12, 14/24

Message 2 of 3
Traveler101
Established Contributor

Re: 2nd. Amex Question

Much will have to do with your reported income. Amex is about 50% income to cl. I'm there in 1 card. I suspect if I accepted another card, they would rob the limit from my existing account. I too have preapprovals for loans. That may be that the consider those separate. Good luck if you apply.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.