Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AAA Rewards Visa's moving from BoA to Comenity

tag
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Re: AAA Rewards Visa's moving from BoA to Comenity

As far as I can best determine after checking my local AAA club near D.C., the AAA card does not appear to be offered to app for here  Smiley Sad

Message 31 of 56
IPIF
New Contributor

Is Comenity going to report the opening date of the new AAA card as the opening date of the original BOA AAA card or as October 2022?

The later will decrease our AAoA.

Message 32 of 56
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

gdale6

As an aside, AAA Credit Cards (which are somewhat controlled on a regional basis) have moved around since time. My memory remembers when the Midwest Regional Club had Comerica for three years, then changed to FNBO for three years and then changed to ??? can't remember. The contract was on a three-year basis and the AAA called for financials to bid on their products.

Frankly, I closed my card due to changes in the card product offerings and got tired of the changing! To each their own. Smiley Surprised

After further snooping I find that if I want an AAA card I have to go with the US Bank card as that is what my AAA office offers. I wont be going for it either... It is absurd that an organization such as AAA has multi bank issuers....

Message 33 of 56
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

gdale6

As an aside, AAA Credit Cards (which are somewhat controlled on a regional basis) have moved around since time. My memory remembers when the Midwest Regional Club had Comerica for three years, then changed to FNBO for three years and then changed to ??? can't remember. The contract was on a three-year basis and the AAA called for financials to bid on their products.

Frankly, I closed my card due to changes in the card product offerings and got tired of the changing! To each their own. Smiley Surprised

After further snooping I find that if I want an AAA card I have to go with the US Bank card as that is what my AAA office offers. I wont be going for it either... It is absurd that an organization such as AAA has multi bank issuers....

I agree... it's a mess. Smiley Frustrated

Anybody can get to the link for the US Bank app if they dig around enough, so hopefully once the Comenity AAA apps are active it'll be the same. <fingers crossed>

Message 34 of 56
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

This is actually a welcoming news! My AAA BOA has been useless for awhile, reward structure was not practical for my use! Glad to see its converting to cash back and having much better rewards program.

@IPIFWhen Comenity acquired NFL CC, all the history transferred over. The only thing changed in credit report was the AC# and name of the bank.

I had good experience with Comenity. They have SP CLI every few months and decent CS.

I was planning to cancel AAA BOA CC by the end of this year, glad this happened.

Message 35 of 56
Turbobuick
Established Contributor

Received two Comenity AAA Travel Advantage Visa cards today. Says not to activate or create account until Oct 9. Looking forward to using this card for gas only. Doubt I will get the same terms as BofA provided (30K CL and fixed 7.9% apr), but life happens.  

Message 36 of 56
purebulldogs
Contributor

I've had much better experience with Bank of America cards than I have with comenity. 

Message 37 of 56
IPIF
New Contributor

Today is Friday and my new Comenity AAA card has not arrived in today's mail.

Is anyone else still waiting for their card?

Already not happy with Comenity.

Message 38 of 56
FormerCollegeDJ
Frequent Contributor

@IPIF wrote:

Today is Friday and my new Comenity AAA card has not arrived in today's mail.

Is anyone else still waiting for their card?

Already not happy with Comenity.

I got the card from Bread Financial (probably a more appropriate name for the issuer than Comenity at this point) just over a week before the switchover, but their website will not allow users to create an online account until tomorrow (Monday, October 10th).  That's kind of ridiculous if you ask me; you KNOW when people can start using the card, so have it ready at launch time for new cardholders to register for an account on the site.

Playing the credit card rewards game since early May 2020.

Current credit cards:
American Express: Hilton Honors
Bank of America: Customized Cash Rewards Visa
Capital One: SavorOne MC
Chase: Amazon Visa, Freedom Unlimited Visa, Freedom Flex MC
Citi: Sears/ThankYou Rewards MC, My Best Buy Visa, Custom Cash MC
Comenity: AAA Travel Advantage Visa
Discover: Cash It
Elan: S&T Bank Max Cash Preferred Visa
FNBO: Amtrak Guest Rewards Platinum MC
PSECU: Founder's Visa
U.S. Bank: Cash+ Visa
Wells Fargo: Autograph Visa
Store cards: Kohl's

Next target credit cards: Wells Fargo Bilt Mastercard (probably), Truist Enjoy Travel Visa (maybe)
Message 39 of 56
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

@FormerCollegeDJ  I got the error msg too! But when I tried to do it again, it was registered already.

Few glitches and error msg but it is worked finally.

I do have to test the 5% reward! Bread having such a hard time calculating it these days. Major issues with BJ's card after few years!

Message 40 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.