cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bye Bye BB&T! Hello Truist. New Card Offerings What does everyone think?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bye Bye BB&T! Hello Truist. New Card Offerings What does everyone think?

this is great! Although I didn't see a place for pre-approval cards like we used to have for BB&T:-(   You have to cold app the new Truist cards 

Message 11 of 43
GatorCowboyLion
Regular Contributor

Important, 10%, 20% and 50% rewards bonuses based on relationship. I can't find that data on the mobile website, but if it's the same as SunTrust, 10% is for having an open account of any kind, 25% is for 25k in accounts, and 50% is for 100k in accounts. This makes these cards much more interesting.

The secured card has higher rewards than any secured card I've ever seen, up to 4.5% cash back on gas, albeit with a $19 AF. 

Message 12 of 43
JNA1
Valued Contributor

@Jazzcat wrote:

Welp, I'm waiting for my newly approved BB&T "Bright" card to arrive by mail and am now wondering if it will have "Truist"    or "BB&T" name/colors initially ?

Keep us updated on that. It will be interesting to see how they'll handle new apps. 

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 13 of 43
dcp0524
Regular Contributor

Truist CC Launch

It looks like Truist has launches their new suite of credits cards. I havent seen anyone here mention that. Could have missed it tho. 

The most interesting card for me is the "Enjoy Travel" that gives you an $85 TSA/ Global Entry credit for no annual fee, which idk any other card with No AF that offers that.

It looks like all cards will get a 25%/50%/75% bonus redemption rate based on relationship tier. 

Their Enjoy Cash will be same 3,2,1% as BB&T Spectrum Cash but you can also choose a flat 1.5% at time of application. Apparently no changing it once you apply. Meh. 

Launching a premium travel ""Enjoy Beyond" CC. 195$ AF, 30k SUB, $100 annual credit for ground transport, streaming services and ticket agencies. $100 credit every 4 year for TSA/GE

Total Revolving: $159,800 - Utilization: less than 1%

Bank/Loans:

Future Apps:

04/27/2023
FICO 8 - EX: 744 | TU: 772 | EQ: 763
VS 3.0 - EX: 759 | TU: 792 | EQ: 811
Message 14 of 43
dcp0524
Regular Contributor

Re: Truist CC Launch

...and I found an article as soon as I submitted this one... -_-

Total Revolving: $159,800 - Utilization: less than 1%

Bank/Loans:

Future Apps:

04/27/2023
FICO 8 - EX: 744 | TU: 772 | EQ: 763
VS 3.0 - EX: 759 | TU: 792 | EQ: 811
Message 15 of 43
Rudy1
Established Contributor

Oh I thought they would change cards over. I wonder if that will be an option as from what it appears the new cards they offer are a upgrade over their former versions.

>
Goal Cards:
Message 16 of 43
Jazzcat
Valued Member

Card came today it's in the old BB&T livery. Going to activate it in a few minutes but the bb&t/U Page is now truist, so we will see how this goes (being able to activate online).

Message 17 of 43
Jazzcat
Valued Member

FYI......Just was able to activate BB&T Bright card on new truist web site.

Message 18 of 43
JNA1
Valued Contributor

@Jazzcat wrote:

FYI......Just was able to activate BB&T Bright card on new truist web site.

Out of curiosity, what shows when you go down the •••more button at the bottom of the page on the mobile app and then select card controls. 

This is what mine shows, even though I still actually have the red BB&T card. 4F025E07-BDF4-4B38-9484-EA135F78D146.png

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 19 of 43
TMJ1974

First, I want to thank the community here.  I've read through many articles over the past few years, but not commented much.  I've been fortunate to follow the guidance posted here to go from not having/using any credit cards to a Capital One Platinum card, to having a nice wallet full of premium travel cards and a few specific cash back options.

Now, onto these cards.  I'm pretty sure the non-travel BB&T cards had a foreign transaction fee.  I noticed none of these new ones list a FX fee.

Finally, I was waiting for the transition to decide on switching my banking.  The Truist Dimensions checking works for me, so I signed up.  I figure, while I was there, I'd go ahead and apply for the Enjoy Beyond.  I got the "we'll email you in 2 days."  With the bank holiday yesterday, I got the email today that I was approved!  $6500 limit.  I'll report more when I get the card.

Message 20 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.