Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Savor AU

tag
jbsilva21
Regular Contributor

Capital One Savor AU

Good even ladies and gents. 

I wanted to ask about adding my SO as a authorized user on my Cap 1 Savor. The issue is I think she has burned C1 a couple of years ago during a nasty divorce she went through. We are still trying to fix some things on her credit from that fallout, but I didn't know if this would affect my standing with Cap 1. We keep our finances seperate for the most part, but she doesn't have a credit card, and I just want to make sure she has one in the event she needs one. Plus when she goes out with her friends or mother she can pick up the bill with it. I always PIF and I trust her completely. But I don't want it to trigger any type of AA as I have an auto loan with Cap 1 and 3 other cards with them. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Capital One Savor AU

@jbsilva21 wrote:

Good even ladies and gents. 

I wanted to ask about adding my SO as a authorized user on my Cap 1 Savor. The issue is I think she has burned C1 a couple of years ago during a nasty divorce she went through. We are still trying to fix some things on her credit from that fallout, but I didn't know if this would affect my standing with Cap 1. We keep our finances seperate for the most part, but she doesn't have a credit card, and I just want to make sure she has one in the event she needs one. Plus when she goes out with her friends or mother she can pick up the bill with it. I always PIF and I trust her completely. But I don't want it to trigger any type of AA as I have an auto loan with Cap 1 and 3 other cards with them. 

I for one would be shocked if it triggered any AA.  Cap1 has been known for years as one of the lenders least likely to hold a grudge.  Many people have reported here burning Cap1 in BK then reapplying and being approved within months of their discharge. 

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 6
jbsilva21
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the reply. We will give a shot. Worst comes to worst, I will just move on to another. 

Message 3 of 6
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

@jbsilva21 wrote:

Thanks for the reply. We will give a shot. Worst comes to worst, I will just move on to another. 

IIRC,  C1 does ask for a SSN. The way the request  is set up in their app  though, it looks like you need to input a SSN.   However, you should be able to Bypass this identifier field.    
Please report back.

Message 4 of 6
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

C1 is known to not care about default that's 1-2 years old and their criterion states 2 years old when applying depending on credit level/product.

that said, do you think it might be better to get her own card? 

otherwise, the only bank Ive ever heard of disallowing an AU due to previous default is Amex, maybe Chase.. but def Amex would be most likely to disallow AU adding in this situation. 

should be fine.

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 5 of 6
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Any updates @jbsilva21 ?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.