cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Custom Cash CLD

tag
sftechiegirl

Citi Custom Cash CLD

Citibank lowered my credit limit from $33k to $22k.  I do not carry a balance on the card, other than the monthly $200-$400 statement balance that I pay off every month.  My FICO score is around 806-809 and overall usage is 1%.  I have a feeling the limit was lowered because I don't use the card as much as they want me to.  

I am wondering if I should just close the card.  My total available limit among all the cards is over $300k, so closing the card won't effect my usage that much.  It is one of my oldest cards though, but I do have several other cards that are older.  

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
1LostArk
Regular Contributor

Re: Citi Custom Cash CLD

I would call and ask to have your credit limit reinstated. I'd still keep it open regardless, I personally don't see a point in closing no AF cards.

Business Cards:
Message 2 of 28
GZG
Valued Contributor

@sftechiegirl wrote:

Citibank lowered my credit limit from $33k to $22k.  I do not carry a balance on the card, other than the monthly $200-$400 statement balance that I pay off every month.  My FICO score is around 806-809 and overall usage is 1%.  I have a feeling the limit was lowered because I don't use the card as much as they want me to.  

I am wondering if I should just close the card.  My total available limit among all the cards is over $300k, so closing the card won't effect my usage that much.  It is one of my oldest cards though, but I do have several other cards that are older.  

ccc is one of the best cards on the market, no reason to close it IMO, citi is stingy, relatively speaking, I wouldn't take it personally 

Starting FICO 8:

Current FICO 8:

3/6, 5/12, 14/24

Message 3 of 28
Blender
Established Contributor

While you dont use it and 22k less available credit might not hurt you, lowering your AAoA will have greater effects. As mentioned, closing it just because they lowered your CL isnt the right move. Let them lower it some more... keep it for the age and the benefits it gives.

4/2024

Message 4 of 28
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

When did you get the custom cash card?

Message 5 of 28
sftechiegirl

@NoMoreE46 wrote:

When did you get the custom cash card?

This Citi Card was originally a double cash. The card itself is 19 years old. I PCd it from DC to CC a year or two ago. My oldest card are my 2 Amex cards. They're both 30 years old each. 

Message 6 of 28
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Aah very good.  It is probably the admitted low usage for the CLD.

With no AF, I would keep this open.

Message 7 of 28
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

I would only close if you were considering closing it anyway (before the CLD) for the usual reasons, sucg as not useful, one less card to track.   Otherwise it's still got a great CL, way above what is needed to maximize rewards on the card.  

Message 8 of 28
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

$200 - $400 spend per month is not extremely low use.  Assuming you are using it for 5% purchases, that's $120 - $240 in CB per year.  Not something I would want to give up.  

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 9 of 28
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@sftechiegirl wrote:

It's a good card, with no annual fee. So if I were you I would not close it.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.