Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card/Rewards tracking apps

tag
keekers
Established Contributor

Credit Card/Rewards tracking apps

For those that have used an app to track their credit card spend, rewards, etc.  is there a clear favorite?  I started using Max Rewards to test the waters and it's ok but not the best user interface and there seems to be some issues with syncing.  Recently somebody mentioned Award Wallet as an alternative so now I'm curious if there are others and if so which ones are generally regarded as the best?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
keekers
Established Contributor

Re: Credit Card/Rewards tracking apps

Bueller? Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 13
mgood
Valued Contributor

I don't have an answer. I'm interested in this too. I've seen various UToob credit guys promoting some of these apps and I've been wondering about them.

Starting Score: EQ8 680, TU8 713, EX8 701
Current Score: EQ8 778, TU8 766, EX8 770 as of April 28
Goal Score: EQ8 780, TU8 780, EX8 780

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
AZE4 - 2% Utl - New Accts: 3/6, 4/12, 7/24
Message 3 of 13
Drifter73
Frequent Contributor

@keekers wrote:
Bueller? Smiley Happy

I think Bueller skipped class again today.

Personally, I don't use an app, I use a microsoft spreadsheet that's on a USB flash drive I keep in a safe and pull it out to plug it in once or twice a day to update it.

I used to use a USB Keychain flash drive and carried it around with my keys, but decided later I didn't need it on me all the time.

To each their own 😀

Message 4 of 13
FicoMike0
Regular Contributor

@Drifter73  In a safe? Do you expect the amex spies to steal it, lol. I keep a lot of stuff on a Linux thumb drive, just because my dw complaines if the computer doesn't boot to windoz. I hide the drive in the pencil drawer.  Ever used libreoffice calc? Works just like excel, even imports and exports excel files.

Message 5 of 13
FicoMike0
Regular Contributor

@keekers  us b connect account comes with a bonus spend tracker. It's a countdown, I'm at $1826.48 to go by 7/26/24. Thoughty of them.

Message 6 of 13
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@FicoMike0 wrote:

@Drifter73  In a safe? Do you expect the amex spies to steal it, lol. I keep a lot of stuff on a Linux thumb drive, just because my dw complaines if the computer doesn't boot to windoz. I hide the drive in the pencil drawer.  Ever used libreoffice calc? Works just like excel, even imports and exports excel files.

Safes are the first place we, I mean they look.    Pencil drawers are seventh.   (The famous eight: Safe, under matress, toilet cistern in a waterproof bag, loose ceiling tile, loose floorboard, air-conditioning vent, pencil draw, in kitchen hidden in a jar of food like rice or sugar).  And no, home safes aren't.

Message 7 of 13
Drifter73
Frequent Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@FicoMike0 wrote:

Safes are the first place we, I mean they look.    Pencil drawers are seventh.   (The famous eight: Safe, under matress, toilet cistern in a waterproof bag, loose ceiling tile, loose floorboard, air-conditioning vent, pencil draw, in kitchen hidden in a jar of food like rice or sugar).  And no, home safes aren't.

I guess keeping it on the Keychain was a better bet 😀

Though, I do trust spreadsheets on a thumb drive a little more than a 3rd party app that linkes to a cloud server and potentially stores data that can be remotely breached.

Message 8 of 13
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

Sticky notes in the wallet/purse?  Smiley Wink   Works for us!  Smiley Happy    

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 9 of 13
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

So my personal preference is to use an Excel spread sheet but I also use Max Rewards too! I primary rely on my spreadsheet though. I update the card balances quickly every few days and I update the rewards once they are updated monthly on each card. One issue with me using Max Rewards is I have 3 Amex cards that earn MR points. On Max rewards so far it gives each card the same amount of points, multiplying what I truly have by 3x. Other than that it has been a great app.

I have the Max Rewards Gold, which I love because it will add all my card offers to my cards automatically. It even adds them to all the Amex cards they appear on. Sometimes I don't know which card I want to use an offer on when it appears. If I go to the Amex app or website and add an offer to a card it instantly disappears from all the other cards it was on. Using Max Rewards it adds the offers to all my cards then I get to later decide which card I want to use the offer on. 

In the past I used to have a lot of syncing issues on Max Rewards, especially with Chase and Discover. It has been greatly improved since the end of 2023. I don't have any complaints regarding syncing now. 

I also have the Card Pointers app which is very similar to Max Rewards. It also has a free and a subscription version. Perhaps that may be something you can try to see if you like it better than Max Rewards. So far I like Max Rewards more, but that could just be me. 

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.